Respected Contributor
Giant Eagle had all 56 items in my order or an acceptable substitute so yeah, now I am thinking about eye shadow.
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm ,You wondered about ELF eyeshadows. I have 3 quads and a single eyeshadow from that company and all are great quality. No problem with fall out, nice colors and long lasting. I use primer before applying the eyeshadow, and that helps with the staying power. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

When I saw this new Elf palette I had to laugh a bit, as very similar colors are in the Essence Ice Blue palette that I've been using for a few months now.  While the Elf palettes are certainly not pricey, the Essense palette is $3.99 at Ulta!  I wanted a cheap palette to take on vacation to work with my capsule wardrobe of light blue, grey and black.  It worked so well that I keep using it!  I even went back and bought the Taupe palette, the Purple palette and the Green palette!  Now I have some expensive palettes (Dior/Chanel, etc.), but I reach for these little cheapo palettes a lot!  

And I've found both Elf and Essense eyeshadows to be of very decent quality - not the softness or complete blendability of a Dior or Chanel, but pretty darn good.

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

When I saw this new Elf palette I had to laugh a bit, as very similar colors are in the Essence Ice Blue palette that I've been using for a few months now.  While the Elf palettes are certainly not pricey, the Essense palette is $3.99 at Ulta!  I wanted a cheap palette to take on vacation to work with my capsule wardrobe of light blue, grey and black.  It worked so well that I keep using it!  I even went back and bought the Taupe palette, the Purple palette and the Green palette!  Now I have some expensive palettes (Dior/Chanel, etc.), but I reach for these little cheapo palettes a lot!  

And I've found both Elf and Essense eyeshadows to be of very decent quality - not the softness or complete blendability of a Dior or Chanel, but pretty darn good.

@Sammijo10 , I have the Essence Taupe It Up palette and I love it.  I am wearing it today as a matter of fact.  I find the shadows to be really nice quality for the price.  Nice pay-off, easy to blend and if I use the right brushes, very little fallout.  

While neither the Essence Ice Ice Baby or the ELF Cookies and Dreams palette are my colors, I would find the ELF palette to be more versatile.  It has 2 more shadows so with the inclusion of the brown, the 2 lightest shades and that warm sand shade, I think the ELF palette may be more wearable for some. I find it to be more complete if you don't just want a blue palette. 

I saw that the Sephora Collection introduced what they are calling pocket palettes and they also reminded me of the Essence palettes.   

Honored Contributor

After going thru all my makeup to organize it, I decided the last thing I needed was another e/s palette so I won't be getting this one after all.  I did like the  dark shimmery blue and med tan I wore the other day but I'll just dupe it from my stash.