Trusted Contributor

I just received this...the moisturizer feels nice but not sure about the oil.  I am curious whether others that purchased feel like the oil feels alittle too active/ irritating?  Sometimes when the skin reacts it is a good thing and other times not!  I will use  afew more times, but not sure the kit is worth being on AD for just the moisturizer.  Would love feedback on oit...thanks!!

Valued Contributor

Hello equus,

I am using the Elemis TSV. I have tried it both ways, with or without the facial oil. Initially, I applied the facial oil and the marine cream, so I wasn't sure what was doing it. I was worried I was going to have swelling and a rash as I have terribly sensitive skin. Surprisingly to me, I had no irritation. Next time, I just used the marine cream and still had just a bit of tingling. I have been using the oil and cream together now, every other night as I am alternating with Paula's Choice. The eye serum seems to be helping my eye area, I don't have any wrinkles, but my lids are a little bit dry.  I love all the products!  I even used the oil and cream after an exfoliation, when I usually get irritation, and I didn't. This is a keeper for me. I checked prices for the products individually before ordering the TSV, and this truly is a great price. I hope you enjoy yours.

(edited for typos and an omission)

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Trusted Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo thanks so much for the reply.    I haven't tried the eye serum yet but noticed the oil caused my hands to itch.....maybe I am just sensitive to one of the ingredients but I will contine to play with it. I know the price of the entire TSV was less than just buying the moisturizer.  I lovve the TULA wrinkle ddefense serum so may try that with the  moisturizer and skip the oil for afew days.  I have sensitive, dry skin with plenty of wrinkles!  Thanks again and glad you are enjoying Elemis!

Trusted Contributor

@equss wrote:

@CatLoverDogsToo thanks so much for the reply.    I haven't tried the eye serum yet but noticed the oil caused my hands to itch.....maybe I am just sensitive to one of the ingredients but I will contine to play with it. I know the price of the entire TSV was less than just buying the moisturizer.  I lovve the TULA wrinkle ddefense serum so may try that with the  moisturizer and skip the oil for afew days.  I have sensitive, dry skin with plenty of wrinkles!  Thanks again and glad you are enjoying Elemis!

@equss Definately try the eye serum. I've used tons of brands and so far, I think the eye serum is awesome. I haven't tried the oil enough to form an opinion yet but I do like oils - have been using Sunday Riley's Luna at night so this oil for day may be great. I'd suggest trying the oil on your neck first. I love the smell of the marine moisturizer just not sure about the cream itself yet as it has dimethicone in it and my skin doesn't like dimethicone. But it is farther down the ingredients list than other products that caused a problem for me so maybe this concentration will work fine. The cream does seem different than the one I had about two years ago. Does anyone know if they changed the formulation in the past couple of years? 

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

I sent mine back yesterday and canceled the AD. My face turned red and swelled some so these products are not for me. I was disappointed but not everything is for everybody. 

Trusted Contributor

@UMDTerpFan...my skin doesn't like dimethicone either but also noticed it might be low enough in the ingredients that it was worth a try.  I do think the oil is problematic for me...I tried again and skin itched even after washing.  It will take longer to know about the moisturizer.  I use to use Perricone then switched to Josie Maran and Tula (can't use all of Tula line tho due to dimethicone.  Argan oil is what I keep going back to.. it agress with me!  Thanks for your commetns!!

Trusted Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I sent mine back yesterday and canceled the AD. My face turned red and swelled some so these products are not for me. I was disappointed but not everything is for everybody. 

Sorry it didn't work for you.  I am going to give the eye serum and moisturizer another try.  It is taking me a few days because I only use one product at a time so I know where the problem lies!  I even put the il on my hands and had a itchy reaction so I am sure that is not for me.

Respected Contributor

So far I have had no problems with mine. The marine cream is wonderful. As was mentioned, only a pea size is needed. I am very happy with all of the products. The ey serum was more watery than I expected. So my first drop landed on the floor. Will be careful when I use it. My face doesn't feel sticky or itchy. I did do an AD and glad that I did.

Respected Contributor

I tried to isolate a product but finally decided that I did not want any products that make my face red and puffy so I boxed it all up and sent it back. I am liking the Paula's Choice and Peter Thomas Roth TSV's that I got. I am rotating with those. I think I like the PTR better and neither of these products has irritated my skin.  I bought both thinking I would like one over the other but not really. I always fall back on Dr. D hydroshield also. I think I am done experimenting with skin care for now. 

Respected Contributor

I just opened my box this morning, & only tried the Marine Cream (I have sensitive skin, so I try products one at a time).

I truly hate the scent of the cream. I don't know what it is, but it isn't pleasing to my senses. For me, this isn't one of those creams that feels or looks good immediately after applying. In fact, I think I may wash it off. I don't like to "feel" beauty products on my skin.

I certainly can't say yay or nay to this, because everyone has their own opinion on scent or how things feel. And after only 1 use, I can't say anything about benefits.

***I washed it off. It never absorbed into my skin, & felt heavy (plus the scent/smell remained).