Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried this product? I've read a lot of good reviews, and a fair number of not-so-good ones.

Costco is selling it at what seems to be a good price based on prices at other sites like Amazon, etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product?

Respected Contributor
I just recently learned of this product and almost picked it up at costco's a couple of weeks back but resisted. I have too many balms and moisturizers but was intrigued. Costco's price was pretty good. I would be interested to hear reviews on this as well.
Valued Contributor

My DIL introduced me to Egyptian Magic. The Costco price is very good. Whole Foods sells the big jar only for the same price as the Costco price for the large/small jar. I love using it on my feet during the winter. Slather it on and then put on some socks. It's great. Also very good for my hands.

Occasional Contributor

I bought a tub of this a couple months ago hoping it would calm and smooth the psoriasis patches on my legs. EM is a nice moisturizer. Thick, but not greasy. It was not as soothing as I had hoped. It was really nothing special. Josie Maran Balm works much better.

Super Contributor
On 1/16/2015 recoll said:

I bought a tub of this a couple months ago hoping it would calm and smooth the psoriasis patches on my legs. EM is a nice moisturizer. Thick, but not greasy. It was not as soothing as I had hoped. It was really nothing special. Josie Maran Balm works much better.

I read the raves and picked it up at Costco. For me, in a word, it was : greasy. Very greasy. Took it back asap. Then again, anything labelled 'butter' is super greasy for me and really not that 'absorbent' because butters (oils etc) really do not absorb, but actually sit on top of your skin to keep any moisture within that barrier.

By these reviews, it isn't greasy to some people. Guess everyone needs to try it for themselves. Egyptian magic is an OIL-based, solidified product, it needs to be warmed up for some time in order to soften.

The 6 ingredients are:

1. Olive Oil
  2. Bees Wax
  3. Honey
  4. Bee Pollen
  5. Royal Jelly Extract
  6. Bee Propolis

The Egyptian Magic cream manufacturer also states that the cream does not contain any other additives, chemicals, preservatives, synthetic fragrances or parabens, and it was never tested on animals.

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Love especially hand nail/cuticle moisturizer I use it for my eve facial moisturizer......Used on a scrape on my dogs skin, healed nicely!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks folks for your comments! I was wanting to find something that would help with my very very dry elbows, arms, feet and legs. This dry climate in AZ, especially in the winter months, just makes a mess of my aging skin!

I think I'll try one order from Costco. Even if it's greasy, I can slather it on my feet and then put on some socks to let the cream "soak in."

Thanks again!