Respected Contributor
On 4/3/2015 KatCat1 said:

His hair is ridiculous unless he is growing it to have it cut for children with cancer. His products are way over priced. He was or is a model - what does he know about makeup? Perhaps from wearing it in photo shoots? Not interested -- he is over zealous about selling his products. I had to change the channel.

OMG his hair is absolutely gorgeous! And I see no reason why he shouldn't have it or why he should cut it. And there are plenty of men out there with successful makeup lines. This is right up there with those posts saying Q's male hosts shouldn't present jewelry.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Esteemed Contributor
I'd love to get a side by side comparison: Edward Bess after he takes the hair out of a bun and Chaz's ""before"" model. Hairstyles would be remarkably similar.
Respected Contributor
So, he has long hair... So, do plenty of men, including my husband and my son. They have great hair and take advantage of it. Yes, my husband had long hair as a teenager. And, my son had long hair as a teenager. And, now they are in their late 50's and late 20's - and still have that long hair thing going on... I think it all depends on what part of the country you are in. Long hair on men is very common here. I guess I am just used to it. Makes me sick - most of them have better hair than me!!! Hahaha....
-Texas Hill Country-
Frequent Contributor

I tried the Color Wow root cover up for hair from his first appearance (I think) on qvc. It's been great for me. It clings to hair and covers the gray coming in very well. It stays on all day and longer. Great to have around for those times the roots are just showing a bit before coloring. I don't see this listed on qvc right now.

I'm watching everyone's opinions to see if there's more worth trying. I'm interested in the concealer. Anyone try the mascara? I'm still searching for the perfect one.

Super Contributor

Well since this topic is supposed to be about his products, I'll chime in and say everything I have tried of his line I have absolutely ADORED and I'm more sold every time I use a new one!!! I started with his face palettes last year and was hooked and now have his mousse foundation, more eye colors, lipstick, gloss, etc. I've gotten some good deals on his things on hautelook or zulily which has enabled me to try more products at a pretty good price. I think his makeup is very good quality, completely on par w/ the Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown I have and I use his eyeshadows more often honestly. I'm waiting for a couple new eyeshadow sets to be delivered from a recent hautelook sale that I've wanted forever that I've looked at on Neiman Marcus website. I did order his concealer on Friday and mousse bronzer so I'm anxious to try those too! Like everything else beauty related I know some people will love it, others won't but I'm one that does!!!

Valued Contributor

I purchased one of his lipsticks on whim the last time I caught him presenting. It's very lovely, very moisturizing. Not sure if it's any better than so many that I've tried, but I do like the formulation.

Honored Contributor

the chemists behind the product are the "genius"...finding a beautiful unique frontman to sell whether it be an Edward Bess or a Josie Maran etc is just the frosting on the cake but necessary so people will take notice....all about marketing. People won't buy an extraordinary product from an unextraordinary person, it's just human nature. Take out the hype and test the product....if it works or not has nothing to do with "hair" or "beauty", but those qualities get the product exposure and without that there won't be a market.

Respected Contributor

Every line has chemists to deliver the product that the "creator" is hoping to develop. I would think that they work together. Just like when you say that X line-Mally, Edward Bess, Nars, Mac etc....., has nice packaging. You don't expect Mally to be the actual glass blower or plastic maker. LOL They just need to know what they want from the product & how to relate to the people that can make that happen. I ordered the concealer, eye shadow/liners & the hair product. If I don't think they are worth the money I will send them back. I hope that I love them & that they are worth every dollar.

Super Contributor

I like him too - he seems genuinely happy to have a product that makes women pretty. Also he did explain that he took his original product (Lipstick Wardrobe) and went to Bergdorf Goodman to see if they would sell it.

I'm sure he didn't put on a lab coat and mix the formulas himself but I don't doubt he has been the driving force behind his line. I have a few of his products and enjoy what I purchased (the berry palette is lovely) - also love my Trish McEvoy as well and I feel this would be on par with her line.

Super Contributor
On 4/3/2015 italia814 said:
On 4/3/2015 KatCat1 said:

His hair is ridiculous unless he is growing it to have it cut for children with cancer. His products are way over priced. He was or is a model - what does he know about makeup? Perhaps from wearing it in photo shoots? Not interested -- he is over zealous about selling his products. I had to change the channel.

Ditto. He's not attractive at all.

Yeah ok......But then again you must be so beautiful to put someone else's looks down.