Super Contributor
On 4/4/2015 KathyPet said: I find his resume as a developer of beauty products to be highly suspect. So he was a model. Big deal. How does that qualify him to create and manufacture his own line of beauty products? If you try to find any information about his background there is virtually no information available. he just sort of appeared one day with his own line of products. It cost lots and lots of money to create and develop a line of cosmetics. Some other entity is behind this line and I firmly believe he is just the paid spokesperson.

Kathy, ITA. See my post above, #44

Esteemed Contributor

EB just appeared "out of the blue" like all models, TV & movie stars, singers, etc. with a product to sell. They all stick their name on something and sell it. He could have sold shoes or clothes or anything and would be no different than many of them.

EB is very very white; wish he would wear some of that expensive bronzer of his. 8)

Valued Contributor

I'm sure models do get some tip and tricks about makeup, and they also know what works or what they would like because they are around makeup artists etc. I had to turn it when he said (about every product) I saw him present "it was very hard and not a fast journey to come up with this product." Just me, I'm sure others like his products and presentations, but I got tired of his "tag line".

Honored Contributor

Bought his expensive Hair Hero and it did nothing for my short fine hair, but my husband loves it ,so I kept it. I love that guys hair and he does have great skin, but it's not his products that make him unique, it's his genetics. I don't think he would be any thing special if it was not for his long wavy hair and that angelic skin. I saw that show and he could certainly compete with Courtney for prettiest person. LOL

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/4/2015 KathyPet said: I find his resume as a developer of beauty products to be highly suspect. So he was a model. Big deal. How does that qualify him to create and manufacture his own line of beauty products? If you try to find any information about his background there is virtually no information available. he just sort of appeared one day with his own line of products. It cost lots and lots of money to create and develop a line of cosmetics. Some other entity is behind this line and I firmly believe he is just the paid spokesperson.
It's odd that there isn't much out there about him in terms of a bio. Only thing I could find was on his website which he created. Born in Charleston, SC, and gave beauty advice to his mom and sisters at an early age. Accepted to Manhattan theatre at 15 and immersed in modeling at 18. Other websites that mention him are little blurbs or brief interviews. He does come across as a front man--a little arrogant too.
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/4/2015 baker said:

Bought his expensive Hair Hero and it did nothing for my short fine hair, but my husband loves it ,so I kept it. I love that guys hair and he does have great skin, but it's not his products that make him unique, it's his genetics. I don't think he would be any thing special if it was not for his long wavy hair and that angelic skin. I saw that show and he could certainly compete with Courtney for prettiest person. LOL

baker, I agree it would be a contest between him & Courtney for prettiest. Also, baker, I have just bought and tried Calista Tools Embellishment hair spray for my "short fine" and no body hair. I am really loving it!!!! It's the best I've tried so far, and I've run the gamut on hair sprays. It might work for you. 8)

Respected Contributor

Edward Bess has lovely, flowing hair. I wonder how he got it to grow so long?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2015 KatCat1 said:

His hair is ridiculous unless he is growing it to have it cut for children with cancer. His products are way over priced. He was or is a model - what does he know about makeup? Perhaps from wearing it in photo shoots? Not interested -- he is over zealous about selling his products. I had to change the channel.

Everyone is different....he's young.... hair comes and goes... but models and actors know make up VERY well as most do their own at least starting out. I've never tried his make up and probably won't because I'm very happy with Laura Geller's and IT's products. I've tried Bobbi Brown's and it's also very nice.... but for my skin coloration, LG and IT seems best for me.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor
AmazingGrace2, Yes and if he is a paid spokesperson there is nothing wrong with that UNLESS you keep saying that you created and developed the product. That is where the red flags go up for me. there is nothing in his background to indicate he has any of the expertise or financial resources necessary to create and develop his own cosmetic products. I wonder whether QVC does any sort of checking to determine the truth of such claims.
Honored Contributor

taja123, thanks for the tip on the hair spray, I'll give it a try.