Respected Contributor

Re: Eczema or Something Else

[ Edited ]

my problem is worse. I have a patch of dry scaly red skin on my anckle the size of a baseball for well over a year and it will not go away!

I tried gold bond cream, benedryl cream  with minimal reduction. I started taking alergy medication  and switch my laundry detergent to that for sensitive skin  and it improved by maybe 30%  but its still there.

It makes no sence why it is in that one spot and nowhere else on my body.

All my life I would get mild  rashes on my legs in the winter but I usually catch it before  it gets bad and then goes away but this spot i di dnot even notice till  it was severe.

Honored Contributor

@KateChopin wrote:

Try using an over the counter anti-fungal.

Eczema is not a fungus 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Do you have this? Can you have this without itching? I thought this is what I have on my face but I'm not sure. I was reading info. & looking at pics on eczema, psoriasis, rosacea but still not sure what it is. I have dry red splotchy patches on my cheeks & a little lower & forehead. It does not itch, no bumps, no pimples. I was using Beekman facial wipes when all this started. I bought a tube of Aveeno Eczema Therapy moisturizer that I used on my face the past 2 days. It made the dry patches slough off my face. The areas are still red with a little dryness with 2 places that were worse are drier.

I think that it's a good idea to have your doctor check it when you go for your appt.

I was reading about contact dermatitis, and you can have a reaction wherever you used the product, that was irritating to your skin.

ETA: For example, if you used a product on your face around your forehead, cheeks, and chin, and then your face later got red and irritated and inflamed in those areas, that could be a reaction.

So, I'm wondering too if the wipes didn't just irritate your skin with the ingredients in them, in some way.

I have really sensitive and allergy-prone skin. 

I can't use any products with AHA's or BHA's in them on my face, either. No lactic acid, either. A Derm. told me to not put any kinds of skin care products containing those acids on my face.

I use cleansers on my face that are the most gentle that I can possibly find. Sometimes I will even use products made for babies. 

It's almost gone now except those 2 dry patches that started it all. I think it was from the facial wipes. I used them every morning for 2 wks to cleanse my face. I did rinse with water each time. After the 2 wks is when my face started getting all the dry patches & redness. I think it's strange I used the wipes all over my face but the dry places were only on my cheeks & forehead. I don't know how I'm suppose to exfoliate if I cannot use AHA's or BHA's. I have been using Mild By Nature baby shampoo/body wash to wash my face. It has evening primrose oil, borage oil, calendula, oat extract & colloidal oatmeal in it + it's ph balanced. No sulfates, parabens or dyes either. I never thought I had sensitive skin. Seems like as I get older

I'm having more problems with allergies.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

my problem is worse. I have a patch of dry scaly red skin on my anckle the size of a baseball for well over a year and it will not go away!

I tried gold bond cream, benedryl cream  with minimal reduction. I started taking alergy medication  and switch my laundry detergent to that for sensitive skin  and it improved by maybe 30%  but its still there.

It makes no sence why it is in that one spot and nowhere else on my body.

All my life I would get mild  rashes on my legs in the winter but I usually catch it before  it gets bad and then goes away but this spot i di dnot even notice till  it was severe.

why in the world haven' t you gone to the doctor by now to have it checked out??? Over a year, really??