Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ebay- said delivered last week by post office, never received

Check with the Post Office and neighbors because as long as the Seller has proof from the PO that it was delivered....Ebay won't give you a refund. You will have to file with your credit card company....but again with proof of it being delivered....you may strike out there too.....

Honored Contributor

If you made your purchase through PayPal then you can file a claim to get your money back. PayPal is very good at this.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No luck with Mail Carrier, oh well, I will leave my sign out by the mailboxes for another day & then see if I want to do anything, not the senders fault on ebay

I was looking forward to my It Cosmetic plum blush!

Mail Carrier said I could send packages to main office in the apartment complex, I am going to do that from now on

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1

When you go to look at your bay purchases, one of the choices is "never received."

Click on that choice -- they won't let you do anything until it's time but it will be documented in their system.

Wait for the seller to respond.

Ebay will ask you in a couple if weeks if you got a refund.

Don't worry-- the guarantee protects you.

This happened to me once ... the seller lost the item. Refunded me. Found it later (under the seat of their car) and sent it to me anyway.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

I had this happen to me within a two week period with 4 packages, luckily me neighbors are honest and brought my packages to me. I did call the postmaster at our post office and he directly spoke with our mail carrier and it has not happened again. We also have a community mail box and apparently she was not focusing on her job. I would have been out the cash on a few packages because they also said delivered and I purchased them from Ebay.

The post master should help.

Contributor

I have to disagree with you, the eBay seller shipped it and it was deliverd per the tracking #, the fault is with the post office. Since it shows deliverd by tracking # eBay will not open a case and why should the seller reimburse the buyer, she did what needed to do, ship the merchandise.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with @Carina.  This is absolutely NOT your seller's fault. It's not like she lost your package!  She deposited this package with the post office and from this point it was out of her care, and in the P.O. employees' hands. 

Yes, it is sellers responsibility a package is delivered to buyer, if there was no tracking, or if tracking would of NOT shown "delivered", then seller must refund your money.  This is ebay policy.

There is a different story if tracking shows "delivered". Ebay won't hold a seller responsible then.

Well, seller may refund the money, but on her own volition - if they want to. Besides, seller wants to help you if your communication is civil with them, and chances are, seller may have this item insured, and can file a claim to get their money back.  This is what postage insurance is for!  For LOST and damaged packages!

Only seller can submit claim for a refund, even for Priority Mail shipment - they are the "insured", buyer did not purchase a shipping label, or insurance to claim losses.

Ebay too may decide to refund you with their own money as an exception sometimes. They are big company, and they won't even "feel" it!

Going to your credit card company, yeah they'll probably reverse the charge and take money from a seller to give back to you - no problem!

But this also means, your seller, must eat this loss, while she had nothing to do with this package being delivered to a wrong address by a mail person, or perhaps, stolen from your hallway.

Contact your post office - you'd be surprised how much your postman may actually remember!

And contact your seller, and see what they'll have to say.  Probably your seller has an insurance on your package. Seller will reimburse you, and also opens a loss claim, based on your complaint, to get their money back.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, awesome responses, thank you all !!!

I went to Post Office today, that went no where, kid behind counter went in back & came back out asking if I called on this yesterday, I had...

I asked him if he could tell on the carriers scanner what was scanned before & after....he told me to call back later, around 6:00,,,the carrier should be back by then....I think I am getting the run around...and yes, I am calling back, if no one is  there I am going back tomorrow & demanding to see manager...geez people, that is your job to help...

my package was time stamped 4:17 delivered & usual carrier is long gone from this complex at that time...(I need to find out if she was the carrier)... today I looked for her.....at 3:30 she was in another business...all done delivering here...

I think it was delivered to another address

How do people get help from post office?  I am suppose to assume it is stolen, I think it wasn't & they delivered to wrong place who kept my blush!

Super Contributor

I had the same problem with an order from Vitacost that was tracked and delivered.  Not to me however.   Makes me very unhappy that someone ( probably in the neighborhood) would not take the responsibility of bringing it to the correct address.   It was a small independent delivery company.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Wow, awesome responses, thank you all !!!

I went to Post Office today, that went no where, kid behind counter went in back & came back out asking if I called on this yesterday, I had...

I asked him if he could tell on the carriers scanner what was scanned before & after....he told me to call back later, around 6:00,,,the carrier should be back by then....I think I am getting the run around...and yes, I am calling back, if no one is  there I am going back tomorrow & demanding to see manager...geez people, that is your job to help...

my package was time stamped 4:17 delivered & usual carrier is long gone from this complex at that time...(I need to find out if she was the carrier)... today I looked for her.....at 3:30 she was in another business...all done delivering here...

I think it was delivered to another address

How do people get help from post office?  I am suppose to assume it is stolen, I think it wasn't & they delivered to wrong place who kept my blush!

I am so sorry to hear about how P.O. employees seem not to really care much to assist you.... Try to write an e-mail to your Seller,  explaining what happened, including your calls and trips to the post office. All this may ended up very fast and easy - she may have this package insured, or even if not, she still may jus offer a refund.  You won't know, untill you contact her.

Good luck @AnnMarie-1!