Honored Contributor

Like many people, I have a charge card that accumulates points.  Luckily, I saved up quite a few and had $75 worth.  I decided to buy an Eau De Parfum and I chose Laura Mercier's L'Heure Magique.  I bought it without smelling it and it is quite beautiful.  Nothing like anything I have ever smelled plus it lingers.  You can smell the different notes as it tones down into this warm, inviting scent.  Yes, Eau De Parfums do last much, much longer than the Eau De Toilettes that we normally purchase.  Do you wear Eau De Parfums?  What is your favorite?  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I love Prada Candy (the original) and Prada Candy Gloss. They’re divine!! 

Honored Contributor

In general I prefer EDPs. But I have found some that have very bad longevity, just as I have found a few EDTs with excellent longevity.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

EDP's scent have more staying power and last longer. I prefer them but they cost so much I have to buy the EDT. I love Estee Lauders Beautiful.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1Eau de parfums last longer then eau de toilettes because they have a higher percentage of perfume oil.  In the tier of fragrance they are the step below pure parfum (or perfume if you prefer).  I have only bought EDPs for many years because this was explained to me when I was first introduced to fragrance.  I also have to say for most fine fragrances the body cream or lotion is a better investment than an EDT to get a fuller, longer lasting impact of a scent. Nest body creams are awesome!

In answer to your question my favorite EDP is my favorite fragrance Quel Ques Fleurs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am currently using Tocca Stella and I have both the eau de parfum version and the hair fragrance version which is like an eau de cologne or a body mist. I can't say that the eau de parfum version is very long lasting though but I prefer light summery fragrances and wear them year round. It smells like a soft version of mandarin oranges.

I also have the travel size Tocca Bianca eau de parfum fragrance spray. It's a green tea scent similar to the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea fragrance.

All were bought from Sephora in the U.S. and Canada.

Honored Contributor

Fracas.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Like many people, I have a charge card that accumulates points.  Luckily, I saved up quite a few and had $75 worth.  I decided to buy an Eau De Parfum and I chose Laura Mercier's L'Heure Magique.  I bought it without smelling it and it is quite beautiful.  Nothing like anything I have ever smelled plus it lingers.  You can smell the different notes as it tones down into this warm, inviting scent.  Yes, Eau De Parfums do last much, much longer than the Eau De Toilettes that we normally purchase.  Do you wear Eau De Parfums?  What is your favorite?  HeartCat Very Happy

@Katcat1  I also prefer EDP. My favorites are Chanel #5 (using one bottle & 2 in reserve of original), Estée Lauder’s Modern Muse & Aerin’s Amber Musk, a new scent I just purchased & love. I do use cologne for every day...Jo Malone Basil & Neroli & Trish McEvoy Sexy 9. Some say you should have a signature scent, but I like a variety to match w/ moods.

Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

EDP's scent have more staying power and last longer. I prefer them but they cost so much I have to buy the EDT. I love Estee Lauders Beautiful.

@hsawaknow  When I purchase EDP, I find the smallest bottle or a roller ball and keep it in a cool, dark place. Sometimes a very small EDP is the same price as a large EDT. I also wait for 20% sales at Sephora/ULTA or specials on their sites.