Honored Contributor

Eating My Words Re Hourglass Primer

After all the chat re the Hourglass face palette and my response, I remembered that a while back I had purchased the primer and still had it - thought I had tossed it.  So, today I decided to try it again.  Was meeting DD and a friend for breakfast.  This is the makeup I did:

Primer - Hourglas Mineral Primer

Fentty - Stick foundation

Hourglass - Talc free setting powder

Blush - Mai Tai RMS blush - this is fantastic!  I'll save that for another post

Bronzer - RMS Malibu Muse

Mascara and Brows

Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray

Had to stand in line outside the restaurant in the sun for abouot 20-30 minutes (it's not hot here).  Had breakfast and then when I got to my car, which had been sitting in the sun for about 90 minutes or so, it was pretty warm inside.  Decided not to turn on the A/C (again, it's in the low 70's here) and drive home just to see how my makeup held up.

Well,well, well, got home and my face was a bit sweaty, checked my makeup and lo and behold, it looked the same as it did when I left the house!  Around my nose always breaks down quickly so that wasn't unusual but even there it wasn't that bad.  I am so impressed!  Wonder why I thought that I didn't like it.

So ladies, I eat my words of my original post when I said that I didn't like the primer.  It is great and so glad I kept it.   Lesson learned - sometimes it pays to keep things for a bit before tossing them and then trying them again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Eating My Words Re Hourglass Primer

I like that primer as well, I also have ELF primer it's in a tube, appears pinksh in the container but is not.  

At first I did not like how it felt going o but I kept using it and have gotten use to how it feels...it seems to be doing the job as expected and you cannot beat the price.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I like that primer as well, I also have ELF primer it's in a tube, appears pinksh in the container but is not.  

At first I did not like how it felt going o but I kept using it and have gotten use to how it feels...it seems to be doing the job as expected and you cannot beat the price.

@Mom2Dogs  - I have a couple of the ELF Gripping primers too - one without Niacinamide and one with.  Have tried the one without and like it. Haven't tried the one yet with the Niancinamide.

Respected Contributor

Good to know! I was thinking about this one!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Since Nordstrom anniversary sale is rapidly approaching, I will  wait and see if they have anything from Hourglass before I order the primer.  Maybe I might get a good deal!!

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

Since Nordstrom anniversary sale is rapidly approaching, I will  wait and see if they have anything from Hourglass before I order the primer.  Maybe I might get a good deal!!

@Franklinbell  - Oh yes, please do tell if Nordstrom puts this on sale.  Depending on how much of a sale it is, I may want to get a back-up.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL will doI!!  I am always excited for the sale.  PS:  that rms blush is beautiful!! 

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@JudyL will doI!!  I am always excited for the sale.  PS:  that rms blush is beautiful!! 

@Franklinbell  - I agree re the blush!  At first the shade scared me! LOL But once I put it on, it was so pretty and not scary at all.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL you know I felt the same way.  I was like did I make a mistake?  I really like her products.  The few I have. She is such a beautiful woman.  I so love her spirit! also like the Charoltte Tilbury setting spray. We are like twins!!

Honored Contributor

To tell you the truth, I can't remember why I didn't like that primer, but it probably didn't hide my pores as well as I would've liked.  I don't really need primer to make my makeup last for hours on end and am rarely out in the heat long enough with makeup on for it to be a problem.  Mostly, it's about the pores for me.  So, I won't bother trying it again. 

I know @monicakm and I have had a back and forth about that one several times and she doesn't have visible pores.