Super Contributor

Easy hack for winged eye liner

Check out Iamsugarcoated for her ingenious hack for winged eye liner. I'm going to try this when I get home.  I'm winged challenged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4286500/The-clever-dental-floss-eyeliner-trick.html

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Respected Contributor

Re: Easy hack for winged eye liner

Might be cool for some younger gals, but not for me.  My eyes have started to droop at the outer corners (I'm 68), so there's no way I could pull that off without it looking really weird!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Tell us how it works out! I personally love the winged eye liner look (a subtle one, not super dramatic unless I am going to a rave, lol) but not sure this looks easier than just drawing it in. 

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Might be cool for some younger gals, but not for me.  My eyes have started to droop at the outer corners (I'm 68), so there's no way I could pull that off without it looking really weird!

Mine, too @2blonde! Now, my 16 y/o great-niece does the winged eyeliner beautifully, and it looks so cute on her.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@vermint  I always expected some wrinkles, but there's a lot more to aging than that, isn't there?  I just noticed the drooping eyes starting about a year ago.......I can't wait to see what happens next!  Cat Surprised

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde As they say...aging isn't for sissies! LOL! Yes, it's a lot more than just wrinkles. Don't have too many of those yet, mostly just some fine lines, but I'm 62 and my eyelids have been drooping for years. I wear eyeliner, because I like it, but a lot of it doesn't even show, especially on my right eye.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@2blonde As they say...aging isn't for sissies! LOL! Yes, it's a lot more than just wrinkles. Don't have too many of those yet, mostly just some fine lines, but I'm 62 and my eyelids have been drooping for years. I wear eyeliner, because I like it, but a lot of it doesn't even show, especially on my right eye.

@vermint  Well, I actually didn't mean that my eyes are "hooded."  They are just getting lower at the outer corners.......kind of a sad eye look.  I still have lots of lid for eyeliner and shadow.  In fact, I use the liner to try to counteract the sagging!  (Don't ever come to my door before I've applied my makeup if you know what's good for you!)

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@vermint  Well, I actually didn't mean that my eyes are "hooded."  They are just getting lower at the outer corners.......kind of a sad eye look.  I still have lots of lid for eyeliner and shadow.  In fact, I use the liner to try to counteract the sagging!  (Don't ever come to my door before I've applied my makeup if you know what's good for you!)

LOL! Same here!

Respected Contributor

I can't do it either, and it isn't a good look for me, anyway. But my daughter is QUEEN of winged eyeliner, she does an awesome job. She is "famous" for it at school and likes to Lord it over me. We are always in make-up competition. She rules wings and I rule smokey eye! Lol!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )