Trusted Contributor

Easy Peasy Concealer By Kim Gravel

[ Edited ]

hi Beauties

I recieved the Easy peasy Concealer Duo by Kim Gravel.  And i thought you might like some observations:

@JudyL I didn't forget you mentioned you were curious.  So I hope you see this!!

It's a duo... two .08 oz sticks.  They look small but there are two (0.16 oz for $34)

Based on other reviews, I ordered the medium shade.  I think it's lighter than medium.  Normally, I am not medium.  For comparison I usually wear the Fairly Light in Bare Minerals, Light in Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, Fair in Jose Maran concealer.  

To compare to my other  go to concealers:

Josie Maran's sticks 0.10 oz $33 for 2

The Easy Peasy is probably the closest to this one.  It's as creamy on spot coverage, but not as creamy if you like to put this around your nose & above your brows like Josie does on the demonstration.  It could be put on those areas, but you need to work to blend it in.  I think for touch ups it's a little too dry for those areas, especially if you have other make up on.  

Tatcha Eye Pearl is 0.40 oz $48

I don't really think these two compare at all.  I only use the Tatcha under eye.  It's a brightening eye cream & not a lot of coverage.  IMO.  The Easy Peasy is way to dry for me to put under my eyes.

Thrive is 0.25 oz $28

Thrive is probably creamier but more likely to cake, when layered for coverage of a spot or broken capillaries

Bare Mineral Bisque 0.07 oz $36.50 for 2 and a brush

Also not as comparable to the Easy Peasy.  I often use this to set concealer and use all around my eyes and to touch up around my nose.  I would not use Easy Peasy this way.

My first attempt to cover a dark spot (that nothing covers) I thought this was just ok.  It covered ok.  Like all of the above, it covers it but I still see the spot.  But!  The coverage was buildable and it did eventually cover the spot.  None of the others have.

I think I will keep using on my dark spot and see how it works into my routine of other products.  Overall, I think if you have a hard to cover spot like me, it's worth a try.  It's a full coverage concealer that I think you really have to blend.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Peasy Concealer By Kim Gravel

Excellent review.....nice of you to take the time

Honored Contributor

@justashopper - thanks for the review.  Think I'll pass on it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@justashopper    Great review!  Thank you.  My question for you is I am looking for a concealor that REALLY covers this one dark spot I have on my left cheek. I have a drawer full of cream concealors and none of them cover this dark spot. I did go to a skin doctor and she did the laser on it twice... did nothing. She said I neede to go where they have a laser for removing tatoos... I  have not done that and worry that it might damage the skin and that would be worse than the dark spot.

Bare minerals bisque powder  is the only thing that gives me a pretty good coverage on this one dark spot.. 

do you have a cream concealor that you love? 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

We could be twins!  I also have a dark spot on my left cheek that nothing covers! I have talked to my dermatologist about it and he advised to do nothing with a laser or anything.  Main reasons being-- it might not work or could make it more of a scar than a spot.  I have tried prescription strength hydroquinone.  That did nothing.  

I have tried everything-- Kat Von D (that supposedly covers tatoos), DermaBlend (that everyone says has the most coverage), Amazing cosmetics.  You name it.  I don't know why this one spot just will not be covered all the way.  Something about it always shows through.

Bare Mineral's Bisque does do a decent job, like you said.  I think the Bisque and the Easy Peasy together covers it the best.

I put the Easy Peasy on the spot.  Then the Bisque, then Peasy Easy and then the Bisque. I just kept layering it one on top of the other.  I think that is the best I have gotten it covered so far.  

I am up to 4 different concealers!!!  brighten the under eye, cover the capallaries/redness near my nose, cover rmy dark spot and set it all with the bisque.  Who knew I would be so into concealer! LOL

Honored Contributor

@justashopper  I used the prescription strength hydroquinone 4 % too....it did nothing as well. Thanks again for telling me your story.   If I ever find that perfect concealer I will let you know!  For now the bare minerals will be my go to.

Respected Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

hi Beauties

I recieved the Easy peasy Concealer Duo by Kim Gravel.  And i thought you might like some observations:

@JudyL I didn't forget you mentioned you were curious.  So I hope you see this!!

It's a duo... two .08 oz sticks.  They look small but there are two (0.16 oz for $34)

Based on other reviews, I ordered the medium shade.  I think it's lighter than medium.  Normally, I am not medium.  For comparison I usually wear the Fairly Light in Bare Minerals, Light in Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, Fair in Jose Maran concealer.  

To compare to my other  go to concealers:

Josie Maran's sticks 0.10 oz $33 for 2

The Easy Peasy is probably the closest to this one.  It's as creamy on spot coverage, but not as creamy if you like to put this around your nose & above your brows like Josie does on the demonstration.  It could be put on those areas, but you need to work to blend it in.  I think for touch ups it's a little too dry for those areas, especially if you have other make up on.  

Tatcha Eye Pearl is 0.40 oz $48

I don't really think these two compare at all.  I only use the Tatcha under eye.  It's a brightening eye cream & not a lot of coverage.  IMO.  The Easy Peasy is way to dry for me to put under my eyes.

Thrive is 0.25 oz $28

Thrive is probably creamier but more likely to cake, when layered for coverage of a spot or broken capillaries

Bare Mineral Bisque 0.07 oz $36.50 for 2 and a brush

Also not as comparable to the Easy Peasy.  I often use this to set concealer and use all around my eyes and to touch up around my nose.  I would not use Easy Peasy this way.

My first attempt to cover a dark spot (that nothing covers) I thought this was just ok.  It covered ok.  Like all of the above, it covers it but I still see the spot.  But!  The coverage was buildable and it did eventually cover the spot.  None of the others have.

I think I will keep using on my dark spot and see how it works into my routine of other products.  Overall, I think if you have a hard to cover spot like me, it's worth a try.  It's a full coverage concealer that I think you really have to blend.  

@justashopper, thank you for the great review.