Respected Contributor

Re: Earth Brabd Show on now - who did Shawns makeup?

@Valstybaby wrote:

@makena wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

Her t- shirt says it all... Be Yourself. If people don't like you too bad.  She is doing her job and that is selling. If she wasn't bringing in the sales she wouldn't be there. Every host has their own personality and style. Some are boring some are annoying. When I don't like the host or the product I watch something else. There are a lot of vendors I don't care for. You can't please everyone nor should you have to. No problem. They still get plenty of my money. I happen to like Shawn.  

I didn't say I didn't like Shawn. I don't like her makeup or her outfit. 

That's why it's her makeup and her outfit.  Maybe she wouldn't like yours either, but I bet she would keep it to herself.

So I can't say I dislike someone on Televisions makeup and outfit but you can say such nasty demeaning comments to me. I'm not in the public eye. Your comment about me was much worse than me not liking Shawns makeup and hair. This is a board where we discuss makeup and fashion, good or bad.

You can say it and you did.  None of my remarks were nasty or demeaning to you. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

Why all the Shawn bashing everyday ?  smh.

Give the woman a break once in a while please.

Because Lisa is gone. Smiley Frustrated For some reason, people have to have someone to focus on to critique ad nauseam. 

I think that is part of it, the other part is that her personal style has morphed into something that most of us can't relate to.  She has adopted an uber fashionista with a look that we see in fashion magazines but never see in real life situations. 

I can't comment on that because I haven't watched in a long time and haven't really paid atttention to what she was wearing. Trust me, she is not my favorite host by any means but you know, her style is her style and by now, since she hasn't changed her look for anyone, you'd think people would realize she is going to do what she wants to do (good for her!), regardless of what some may think. The other thing is, for every person who hates her "style", there are many others who love it. So she will never, ever be able to please everyone so, imo, why not do what she feels likes?

Frequent Contributor

I like Shawn's Hair.  I think it looks cute and edgy.  I also like some of her clothes that she wears.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@makena wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

Her t- shirt says it all... Be Yourself. If people don't like you too bad.  She is doing her job and that is selling. If she wasn't bringing in the sales she wouldn't be there. Every host has their own personality and style. Some are boring some are annoying. When I don't like the host or the product I watch something else. There are a lot of vendors I don't care for. You can't please everyone nor should you have to. No problem. They still get plenty of my money. I happen to like Shawn.  

That's why it's her makeup and her outfit.  Maybe she wouldn't like yours either, but I bet she would keep it to herself.

So I can't say I dislike someone on Televisions makeup and outfit but you can say such nasty demeaning comments to me. I'm not in the public eye. Your comment about me was much worse than me not liking Shawns makeup and hair. This is a board where we discuss makeup and fashion, good or bad.

You can say it and you did.  None of my remarks were nasty or demeaning to you. 

@Valstybaby

I think people just stand up for the host or vendor they like a lot or are just speaking their mind without thinking that what they say may be hurtful to another....but it can be. Some people here don't care if they get a remark that seems hurtful like you or I would take the remark as being. I would never say anything demeaning to another poster on the forum.. the hosts and vendor are out there in public and as I always say this is a FORUM and we share. People here must respect each other or keep quiet.

Do not take so much personally as I have all my life but at the end of the day it's so not worth it.

I just replied a few days ago to a post regarding an 'It' cosmetic rep and I'm shocked I wasn't ripped for it, I felt it was within normal limits..others may not see that, so it's subjective so often on these forums.

PS: I do think Shawn needs a good makeover many days/nights being on tv so very often now. But it's her style...Q lets her do it so we have no say. I enjoy the fun parts of the shows but it's overkill for the general public she is selling to on many occasions IMHO.

Have a good one.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She doesn't offend me, but she has, indeed, changed her "look" since she started.  That, of course, is her prerogative to do that.  All that matters is that Shawn likes it and that her sales are high.  They must be or she'd not be on during prime viewing hours.

When she started, her hair was completely different, her makeup was completely different and she dressed in an adorable, somewhat trendy way.  It was nowhere near as "out there" as it is now and her style was nowhere near as trendy and funky as it is now.

She wore Du Jour and Motto a lot.  She didn't wear the asymmetrical style skirts and tight jackets, etc.

As I stated, it's her choice to change her look but yes, she's dramatically changed her look.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
QVC Customer Care

Re: Earth Brand Show on now - who did Shawns makeup?

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

The uber black-rimmed eyes, pale, pale lip &

frosted hair is so very 2003. I'm just an ordinary

schmuk, not in the industry, sitting here in Dallas...

and even I know that's not a current style. 

You just made me LOL.  I read your description and thought back to 1972 when I was in high school!!  It was all the rage for the college age girls.  Thanks for the memory

Trusted Contributor

I can't see why asking QVC for professionalism from their on-air talent is "unkind."

Honored Contributor

I've said several times before that I love Shawn's haircut but she has super thick hair and I don't so her cut wouldn't work on me.  There is nothing dated about her hair.  You might not like it but it's not dated.  Her hair is done by Maria McCool and there is a video about the cut.

I would venture to guess that a make-up artist at QVC did her make-up.  Not sure if it's on Shawn's direction or the make-up artist does what she wants.

While I wasn't a fan of the t-shirt over the dress, I have a feeling that dress wasn't cheap.  It looked like a Missoni to me although I could be wrong. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@makena wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

I'm glad you brought this up, after all QVC is selling products and putting on a show to sell them. I can't imagine they don't want the feed back on how it all goes over with the customer. If we didn't buy their goods SK would not have a job, so they need to take the bad with the good. Again, these hosts and vendors are not your friends, they are trying to part you from your money.