Honored Contributor

I'm thinking lipstick and blush is a waste of time, so am only doing a little eye makeup when I go out...just for me to stay in practice. I was out running errands for a few hours yesterday and put on real clothes and my sandals (no house shoes..that felt weird to my feet). 

Concealer helped a lot. Brows seemed important since they show expression (unless had Botox, but has worn off by now) when no one can see the rest of your face. Adding neutral shadow and mascara and I looked more like me. My eyes even looked more green.

When nothing else is visible on your face but eyes, I think we're going to see more attempts to do eye makeup. 

Occasional Contributor

@Shanus

Totally agree with you.  BTW what do you think of Mally's upcoming TSV?  Also, have you tried any of Carmindy's line?

Honored Contributor

Re: EYE MAKEUP W/ MASKS

[ Edited ]

@Heidismom   Good morning! I think most of Mally's line is too glittery for me. A lot of her lip colors, glosses and shadow sticks are sold in sets. There's always a few stinkers in the set. I do, however use her waterproof liners and have for years. They are just as good as my second favorite pencils Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liners. I don't know what the Mally TSV will be. I do prefer purchasing makeup individually. TSVs usually have at least one item I don't need. 

CARMINDY hasn't changed her makeup style/colors in 20 yrs. or however long ago What Not To Wear was on TV. The only difference is I think these are her products. I particularly do not agree w/ her philosophy that one lipstick shade that she has is "universal...perfect for every skin tone". I haven't seen a lipstick that works for cool, warm, light and deep skin tones in the three decades (!!!) I've been doing makeup. 

Did you have any specific questions?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus : I so agree with you about "universal" colors in clothing or lipsticks. I silently always say "riiight" to myself.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

When I venture out for the first time to a doctor appointment at the end of May, I plan on applying my tinted SPF, concealer, and my eye makeup. No lipstick or blush. 

Respected Contributor

I totally agree! I've been doing my regular makeup except now I skip blush and concealer. Had to switch to waterproof mascara because the fog of my own breath was causing issues. Brows are a must too. Why not keep the only areas anyone can see lookimg their best. It makes me feel normal.

Occasional Contributor

@Shanus Thank you so much!  This is very helpful.  Mally's TSV is mascara and 2 eye shadow sticks, 3 choices, one matte and the others shimmer.  They are under Today's Top Deals.  I was thinking of trying the matte.  Just turned 61.   Carmindy has a new bronzer in 3 different shades, I thought looked interesting.

No specific questions, just always appreciate your viewpoint!

Honored Contributor

I agree-----but I only put my brows on. haven't been wearing make up in years except for rare occassions when we used to be able to go to others houses for parties---My brows are the most important thing for me as I lost all my hair during chemo and got really good at putting on brows to make me look better. sometimes I rim my eyes with liner but most times, it's just my skincare and thats all.

Honored Contributor

@Heidismom   You're so welcome. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I bet you looked lovely running your errands.  I picked up two things and the grocery store was in and out and said "forget it" about the eye makeup!  Not worth it.