Honored Contributor

Way to go @Shanus!  Enjoy them!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I certainly follow you here but I had no idea you had never put polish on your nails.  Your color sound lovely for the holidays.  Since I stopped doing my fingers, I just wear them natural or with a clear base and glitter polish.  I live in Yellowbox flipflops 9 months out of the year so it's my feet that get pampered.  It was warm enough yesterday to wear flipflops.  Yes, the cheese grater thing can tickle but the results are sooooo nice and smoooth.  

Yesterday's Yellowboxes and polish:

Clipboard01.jpg

And the polish I'll use in January (same brand as I have one now)

The color is Burgandy Shimmer

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I kept looking at them and thinking "whose hands do these belong to"?

LOLOL

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

That sounds very pretty!  Well -- it IS the holiday season, so that will be a very pretty look - whether you decide to keep doing it or not.  I have seen some mani styles and colors that I have really admired and others not so much.  I am a fan of a more natural length.  I don't want to use a bunch of chemicals on my nails right now, as my nails are currently struggling.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Shanus. Thankyou for sharing your excitement. I hope your nails continue to be a joy. You are around others to show them off and enjoy them yourself.

I quit going in a few years after I retired and Covid closings. Right now my volunteer work is not around many others at the Human Society and Foodshelf.  It was also a hassle  to impossible to book an appointment in the summer under two week notice. I quit gel nails.

We did have another salon open last Winter and they have up to six staff  men and women doing pedis and four nail technicians. I tend to get ingrown toenails and I don't get the cuticle removed as well so began pedis again. I go in monthly and love it.I may even try a Spa Pedi with the hot rocks etc. someday. I go to Sr, Yoga so expose my toes! A woman next to me said it beats going to a Podiatrist. I have seen more men in this salon getting Pedis.

BTW I thought of you recently seeing a Hanukkah Candle at BWW and know you note  Hanukkah items that are available.  Have a wonderful Holiday and show off those pretty new nails. 

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf   My granddaughters wanted me to get a sparkly silver blue for Hanukkah. The reddish shade seemed more classic.

I'll see what they look like after they're removed as far as damage to my nails. If too bad, back to my clear Sally Hansen, but may continue with my toes.

Super Contributor
@Shanus

If you're looking to DIY ....Kiara Sky is great ! You can purchase bundles etc... on Amazon.
My daughter got into doing our nails during Covid !
I highly recommend this product, polish really last long !
I'm so glad you treated yourself! 💜
Regular Contributor

Wow, you give me hope, LOL!  I'm a little younger (66) but have never had either a mani or a pedi.  I'm a multi-joint replacement patient so I'm a little scared of a pedi, but I may try a mani now.  We're never too old (and my nails look like hades).  I'm retired, so it isn't like I need them for what the now call keyboarding, LOL!  Thanks!