Honored Contributor

Sometimes I look things up on EWG site. How can they put some Aveda products on 4 and 5 rating?? This doesnt make any sense to me since Aveda is a clean brand!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Sometimes I look things up on EWG site. How can they put some Aveda products on 4 and 5 rating?? This doesnt make any sense to me since Aveda is a clean brand!

~~~~~~~~~~`

@CherryHugs 

I'm having a *DUH* day.  What is EWG again?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

Hi!

This is what it is about

EWG  Skin Deep®

Your guide to safer personal care products

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@411 1315  Environmental Working Group

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs    @cindyNC 

Thank you!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

EWG is a privately funded non-prof organization. Most of their donations come from the organic food industry. Much of the info on EWG appears to be alarming and has some fear-mongering aspect to it. I take it with a grain of salt.

Honored Contributor

One website which I find very useful is INCIDecoder dot com. Check them out.

Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Anyone using, reviewing, making, or selling cosmetics can legally make up their own definition of "clean beauty."

A470003, Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel Definabelle Eyeliner & Mascara Kit meets QVC's made up definition. Carmine is listed in the ingredients. It's probably in the Deep Plum shade. Does that meet your definition of "clean"?

belle beauty eye liner carmine.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for your replies. I will check that other site out too. @SilleeMee