Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE is now charging tax. Bummer : (

@handygal2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SahmIam.  There was a Supreme Court decision this summer which now requires all merchants selling on the Internet to collect sales taxes.  Evine has no choice but to collect it.

@Kachina624: Does this mean that department stores which have no physical presence in my state must now collect sales tax when shipping items to me that l ordered online? 

@handygal2.  Yes, the way I understand it the physical presence has nothing to do with tax liability.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SahmIam.  There was a Supreme Court decision this summer which now requires all merchants selling on the Internet to collect sales taxes.  Evine has no choice but to collect it.

@Kachina624 Is this why EVINE didn't start collecting back in July when HSN and other online retailers started? I honestly thought it was because HSN and QVC were now under 1 roof and QVC has an outlet in my state. 

@SahmIam.  My guess is that there was a deadline for businesses to get on board for collecting the tax and it is now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I expect to pay taxes on things I buy. I'm hardly wealthy, but it's not a big deal to me.

Regular Contributor

Claros- I live in MD too. I've purchased Andrew Lessman items from HSN recently and there is no tax collected. When I hit the final submit order button the tax is still there but when you go to the summary after you place the order it is deducted.

Honored Contributor

@EllieMuncaster wrote:

Claros- I live in MD too. I've purchased Andrew Lessman items from HSN recently and there is no tax collected. When I hit the final submit order button the tax is still there but when you go to the summary after you place the order it is deducted.

Thanks so much for posting this info, I wrote to HSN CS yesterday about Lessman in MD and tax and the rep mentioned what you said, I had doubts that that would be the case.

Honored Contributor

@EllieMuncaster wrote:

@EllieMuncaster

I see that, too. It looks like you’ll be charged tax but, once you submit the order, you can see that you aren’t. I guess that is because some state do tax supplements.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624- Yes, by a certain date, businesses had to get their systems up and running to include tax. This does take time especially if you have very large cities that have many zip codes.

Regular Contributor

I resent having to pay taxes on earned interest when I already paid it on the principal.

what a racket this whole tax thing is. Everyone has their hands in your pocket!

Honored Contributor

@claros

If he still does not charge tax I will be ordering my CoQ10 from his site instead of HSN. Quite a bit of tax on $200.

Honored Contributor

@bridal_diva wrote:

I resent having to pay taxes on earned interest when I already paid it on the principal.

what a racket this whole tax thing is. Everyone has their hands in your pocket!

@bridal_diva

Bingo!!!! What a rip-off. I hate paying taxes period. If everyone paid their fair share it would be different but they don't. You have your certain class that's paying it all. Some not paying any. Some getting refunds & I'm not talking about the ones that overpaid.