Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE is now charging tax. Bummer : (

[ Edited ]

@bridal_diva wrote:

In New Jersey that tax just went into effect yesterday for all online orders shipping here. Tha's along with a 4.3% increase in the gas tax. 

Supposedly to fix the roads & bridges except no one can account for where the last increase was spent.  Can only imagine!

@bridal_diva

I had to keep complaining to the City about fixing our street in our housing addition. They kept putting in more asphalt that just kept crumbling & making a mess. I called the City several times per week complaining about it telling them we pay our taxes we want our street fixed. A couple other neighbors kept calling saying the same thing. They finally paved our street with concrete instead of asphalt.

The also raised our gas tax plus city & state tax is almost 10% on everything. What a rip-off.

Super Contributor

I can accept that they are required to collect a state tax.  However, I cannot accept that if your state does not collect on certain items e.g. vitamins and food in MD, that HSN and probably the others will collect the tax anyway.   No more Andrew Lessman for me.  

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

I can accept that they are required to collect a state tax.  However, I cannot accept that if your state does not collect on certain items e.g. vitamins and food in MD, that HSN and probably the others will collect the tax anyway.   No more Andrew Lessman for me.  

I agree with you 100%, if I were to place an order for vitamins and tax came up, I would be calling CS immediately.

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

@claros

I have never been charged tax on Andrew Lessman supplements. My state does not tax them. If you are being taxed, double check your state’s law and then question the charge if it is in error.

Super Contributor

I sure did, even sent them a copy of the email verifying the fact from the state taxing dept, but they never responded.   I think its just too much trouble for them to differentiate between all the products for each state.  It really made a difference in the total price for all those vitamins for me.

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

I sure did, even sent them a copy of the email verifying the fact from the state taxing dept, but they never responded.   I think its just too much trouble for them to differentiate between all the products for each state.  It really made a difference in the total price for all those vitamins for me.

@claros

Call and ask to speak to a supervisor. It isn’t HSN “doing this” to you. The tax settings are not set up by HSN. It is more of an automatic thing that is set for each state in the software they use. The supervisor may not have a clue either - but persist.

Super Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@claros wrote:

@claros

Call and ask to speak to a supervisor. It isn’t HSN “doing this” to you. The tax settings are not set up by HSN. It is more of an automatic thing that is set for each state in the software they use. The supervisor may not have a clue either - but persist.

@wildbob

I'll do that.  

Honored Contributor

FYI, still no tax in MD from JTV.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

FYI, still no tax in MD from JTV.

Wonder why....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't mind paying taxes. And I agree with the fact that online sites should be taxed just as B&M are taxed.

@suzyQ3

If you don't mind paying taxes I will send you ours to pay. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz, absolutely. And I promise you that my check will then be in the mail.:-)

We passed a higher gas tax initiative in California for much-needed funding for infrastructure. But we live and die by initiatives here. It gets ludicrous quite often; case in point, now there's an initiative to repeal the hike on the ballot. And round and round it goes. I'm all for democracy but not in such a pure form.

People are taken in on both sides of initiatives both by their titles and their misrepresenting ads. But then, what else is new?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland