Honored Contributor

EVERY BEAUTY VENDOR SELLING FOUNDATION ETC...SHOULD DO THIS

Stroke of Beauty Skin Finish Concealer with Brush

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: EVERY BEAUTY VENDOR SELLING FOUNDATION ETC...SHOULD DO THIS

That is pretty helpful but colors also change depending on the skintone they are swatching it on.

But I agree they all should swatch it somewhere as it is easier to choose the color based on a swatch than simply some random person and trying to figure out which one you look the most like! That never, ever works for me.

I don't think Edward Bess swatched all the colors of his new foundation just recently did he?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is still a picture - I wish they would swatch it that way live! Even on their hand or arm would give us more of an idea of the colors.

No, I don't think Edward Bess did swatch his foundation either, but it looked like a really nice one with good coverage.  I'm tempted, but again, the color issue.

Wait, the host put it on her hand and you got a better look at the color and it covered all her spots!  I believe it was the medium one, forget if it was called medium.  Not much help, I know!

Honored Contributor

@Lannie wrote:

That is still a picture - I wish they would swatch it that way live! Even on their hand or arm would give us more of an idea of the colors.

No, I don't think Edward Bess did swatch his foundation either, but it looked like a really nice one with good coverage.  I'm tempted, but again, the color issue.

Wait, the host put it on her hand and you got a better look at the color and it covered all her spots!  I believe it was the medium one, forget if it was called medium.  Not much help, I know!

Yeah but wasn't it the wrong shade for her? If I remember correctly, it looked a bit orange on her lighter skin. It does look like a nice foundation though. Just not sure about the whole cream encapsulated by powder description, lol.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Lannie wrote:

Yeah but wasn't it the wrong shade for her? If I remember correctly, it looked a bit orange on her lighter skin. It does look like a nice foundation though. Just not sure about the whole cream encapsulated by powder description, lol.

On my set it looked ok, maybe a tad dark, but I also am not sure about the powder/cream thing, which is why I haven't ordered.  He kept saying it had a cream core and when they showed a close up of the compact, it looked the middle was creamier than the outside.  It covered Joy's discolorations - you can see on the video.  I sure wish there were some reviews.  It's not too bad of a price for a good foundation plus the brush.  Hope this goes through, having lots of trouble with Q website...

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, this would be a help and a step in the right direction.

That said, unless you are re-ordering from the same vendor, there's nothing like getting a chance to try something in person.