Honored Contributor

Re: EUROPEAN WOMEN ON TO SOMETHING

@Shanus wrote:

@Oostende wrote:

@Shanus  I will yield to the vast superiority of European pastries over their American counterparts.  The patisseries in Paris are incredible and the Blegian waffles are still haunting my dreams!  Smiley Very Happy

@Oostende  OMG yes yes yes! I studied art in Paris for a year during college and gained 10 lbs. even though I walked everywhere! I also became addicted to espresso & started smoking which I promptly quit when I hit stateside.

Smoking is much more accepted in Europe, and other countries around the world.   While it might help someone stay trim, how it destroys your lungs (and the rest of your body)  still makes it a very bad idea.

Honored Contributor

Re: EUROPEAN WOMEN ON TO SOMETHING

@tototwo wrote:

Years ago at a corporation here in the USA, I worked for a French woman for 2 years.  She didn't shave or bathe and told us that is the norm in Paris.   It's unfortunate, but because of her, my impression of French women is that they're hairy and smelly.  I've never been to France to see for myself if that's true or not.

@tototwo, yes, that is unfortunate because it is without any basis in fact.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland