Honored Contributor

Re: ESTEE LAUDER SKINCARE - anyone tried?

@Poppet1

Really love the night repair serum. It is one HG product that my skin will "drink in" wherever I put it and then skin looks normalized and rested.

At first the eye gel seemed like a waste... But no, it smooths the under eye area and shrinks swelling. It is light in texture. A word of caution: the eye gel travels so don't use it too close to the eye or it will sting.

have not tried the antioxidant cream.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Years ago I received samples of their skincare; however, their products were so heavy with fragrance that I did not purchase and stayed away from the line.  I don't find their makeup now to be heavily fragrant and hopefully, their skincare is less fragrant now.  Estee Lauder does have excellent products.  Their mascaras are excellent and they do have very nice lipsticks and foundations.  For skincare try Marula oil if you want your skin balanced, soft & supple.  Use once a day at bedtime.  I buy acure organics marula oil - it's really an excellent product.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Poppet1

In my post I failed to mention that as far as anti-aging goes, I use Renova (.025% Tretinoin) cream

Honored Contributor

Estee Lauder was the very first high dollar skincare line that I bought.  I was still in college when I started to use it.  Then I began working for them.

I loved the Idealist serum but the other products never seemed to do a whole lot for my skin.  They were just okay.  I moved on and really am not tempted much by their products at all.    

Respected Contributor

I uesed Estee Lauder products at one time, I loved the toner and cleanser they had for oily skin and then they changed their products and I tried the new ones but didn't like them and little by little they changed other products in their line that I liked, so I stopped using Estee Lauder products a couple of years ago. 

Valued Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Poppet1

In my post I failed to mention that as far as anti-aging goes, I use Renova (.025% Tretinoin) cream

@LTT1  Do you use the EL night repair serum on the nights that you use the Renova?   If so, which product do you apply first?  Also, do you follow with a moisturizer?  Thanks so much if you see my questions and reply!!! 

Valued Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Poppet1

Really love the night repair serum. It is one HG product that my skin will "drink in" wherever I put it and then skin looks normalized and rested.

At first the eye gel seemed like a waste... But no, it smooths the under eye area and shrinks swelling. It is light in texture. A word of caution: the eye gel travels so don't use it too close to the eye or it will sting.

have not tried the antioxidant cream.

Another vote for the EL Advanced Night Repair eye gel -- love the texture and the results!

Valued Contributor

@Poppet1 wrote:

Has anyone tried Estee Lauder's skincare line?  Any good?  Did you find good results? Was interested in the Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex and for Eye, & Day Wear Advanced Multi Protection Anti Oxidant Creme.

Are there any other skin care products you found to be good for anti-aging?.

Love the Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex and the Eye Recovery Complex.  Regarding the Anti Oxidant Creme, I tried it a few years ago and like the hydration that it provided, but it caused my skin to itch -- it also has a highly fragrant cucumber scent -- unless they have reformulated the product!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jacie wrote:

Estee Lauder is too overly perfumed for me! Years ago I even stopped wearing their lipsticks because my husband to be said it competed with my perfume!

I agree about the lipstick, I do not like the 'fig' scent and just can't wear their lipsticks for that reason -- although they do have a great selection of shades!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jump4joy2

I use the EL night repair serum every MORNING LOL. Thanks to a poster here, I gently press it into above and around eye area, sometimes right into the lash area.

I am reluctant to mix anything over the Renova (wouldn't want to dilute its anti-aging properties!

ETA: Have detected no scent in the night repairs.