Super Contributor

ESTEE LAUDER SKINCARE - anyone tried?

Has anyone tried Estee Lauder's skincare line?  Any good?  Did you find good results? Was interested in the Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex and for Eye, & Day Wear Advanced Multi Protection Anti Oxidant Creme.

Are there any other skin care products you found to be good for anti-aging?.

Regular Contributor

Re: ESTEE LAUDER SKINCARE - anyone tried?

Used to be a loyal user of Idealist serum from them. Then they got greedy, decided they wanted to expand to the market in China and China requires animal testing. A product I thought I couldn't live without, well, I've discovered I can actually. I refuse to use any Estee products until they stop animal testing. MAC as well.

Honored Contributor

I've moved on to Olay Regenerist.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before I finally figured out my perfect skincare regime years ago, I tried a few samples of EL's skincare. Each one caused my face to develop a couple of deep welts overnight. I know it was because the products are so highly perfumed. 

Respected Contributor

Estee Lauder is too overly perfumed for me! Years ago I even stopped wearing their lipsticks because my husband to be said it competed with my perfume!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried the Idealist and several of their anti aging products and did not care for them at all.  A little too harsh for my skin type.  I have also tried their Advanced Night Repair serum.  It turned my face the color of beets.  I gave up and moved to Clinique and have happily been there ever since.  (About 15 years now)  I have weird and extremely sensitive skin.  It seems my skin just didn't like the chemicals and perfumes in a lot of the EL products. 

ETA:  Resilience is one of the creams I used that absolutely wreaked havoc with my skin. 

Respected Contributor

My mom is in her mid sixties and has used Estée Lauder, and nothing but, since she was 16, both makeup and skincare. She spends a lot of money on her skin care and has just announced she's getting an eye lift and removal of the crepey skin around her eyes. I think, and I've told her over and over, there are better products at better prices.
Valued Contributor

Have used The Night Repair or Advanced as it's now called for years! 

Respected Contributor

I have and like using the Advanced Night Repair serum and ANR eye gel. Again, the perfume in products make me very leery of trying other items.

Occasional Contributor

I love the "take it away" makeup remover...I tried Purity in the past and it always made me breakout...this one from EL does not and removes everything!  If i run out and use something else instead...in a few days my skin just doesn't look and feel as clean...I've used it for 5+ years...