Honored Contributor

I started using an epilator several months ago and have noticed what I thought were pimples. On closer examination, they are ingrown hairs.

What am I doing wrong?

Trusted Contributor

Re: EPILATOR & INGROWN HAIRS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I started using an epilator several months ago and have noticed what I thought were pimples. On closer examination, they are ingrown hairs.

What am I doing wrong?

@Shanus are you making sure to exfoliate before using it.  I do after reading this helps.  May have been in the insert that came with the Emjoi.  No ingrown hairs at all since doing it now.

ETA I use a Salux cloth and I'm sure that has helped the most.

Respected Contributor

I have epilated for years, exfoliation need not be fancy, I just use my bath scrubbie really well all over my legs. I also go over my legs after with a Hair Off Mitten. Makes my legs feel like silk!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Years ago I used to epilate my peach fuzz off my face. Then I started getting little bumps after doing it. I think it was ingrown hairs because when I stopped epilating my face, the bumps went away. Now I just shave off the peach fuss...much better now.Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeeI do too! with a wee lil razor that takes batteries by braun

I love it! have 2 one as a back up. no bumps!

So many ways to just shave away pech fuzz.

Wish I knew all about thsi stuff early in my life! haha

It's like okay to shave things now on arms face...back then no way.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Years ago I used to epilate my peach fuzz off my face. Then I started getting little bumps after doing it. I think it was ingrown hairs because when I stopped epilating my face, the bumps went away. Now I just shave off the peach fuss...much better now.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  Do you just use a regular razor (like for legs)?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use one of these Panasonic shavers. It can be used anywhere on the body or face. It's rechargeable and waterproof. Has a pop-up 'sideburn' trimmer, too.  Most places it costs less than $20. Last time I looked it was top-rated on amazon.Woman Happy @Shanus

Panasonic Close Curves Wet/Dry Women's Shaver

shopping.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use one of these Panasonic shavers. It can be used anywhere on the body or face. It's rechargeable and waterproof. Has a pop-up 'sideburn' trimmer, too.  Most places it costs less than $20. Last time I looked it was top-rated on amazon.Woman Happy @Shanus

Panasonic Close Curves Wet/Dry Women's Shaver

shopping.jpg

@SilleeMee  Thanks so much for info. I was so thrilled w/ how epilation was going until the little bumps/pimples appeared. Back to the razor. Do you go along w/ other posters’ advice to exfoliate before shaving or too irritating?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

S@SilleeMee  Thanks so much for info. I was so thrilled w/ how epilation was going until the little bumps/pimples appeared. Back to the razor. Do you go along w/ other posters’ advice to exfoliate before shaving or too irritating?

@Shanus, yes I agree with exfoliating anyway, even when I'm not in the process of removing hair. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

S@SilleeMee  Thanks so much for info. I was so thrilled w/ how epilation was going until the little bumps/pimples appeared. Back to the razor. Do you go along w/ other posters’ advice to exfoliate before shaving or too irritating?

@Shanus, yes I agree with exfoliating anyway, even when I'm not in the process of removing hair. 

@SilleeMee  I exfoliate regularly, too. Others suggested doing so before the epilator...just wondering if exfoliation before shaving your face prevents the ingrown hairs.