Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Are you being compensated in some way for this post (and many of your others)? If so, I think people have the right to know. Perhaps saying so at the bottom of your posts (signature line?) would be the honest thing to do.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud 

Are you being compensated in some way for this post (and many of your others)?

Are you being serious?  Do you not appreciate learning about new beauty products?  Are you offended by learning about new beauty on a BEAUTY forum?  If so, you're on the wrong forum.  I can talk about travel, football, dogs, horses and AI but the boss type people will get put out with it and put me in time out .  I hope I'm a valued member and an asset to this forum.  Do I get compensated IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM by all the different beauty brands I talk about here?  I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT.  Are you singling out anyone else that shares new products or raves about a product they're using and love?  Please call them out too.  If you get zero entertainment or informative value from my posts, I'm sure it's super simple to block my posts rather than accuse me of being dishonest and underhanded.  

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud 

BTW, I just told DH of your accusation-toned question.  He thinks that would be a great idea if I was tho.

Trusted Contributor
@monicakm
Are wands hard to use and would the Revlon concealer in the pink corrector we've talked about here on this forum be considered a wand?
Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

I don't find the hard to use, but, having said that, my CT highlighter wand sprung a leak and that was messy but I still use it.  The CT blush wand in Pink Pop, well, maybe you could consider it problematic to use.  Too much comes out and (I) can't use mine the way they show tapping it on the cheek because I get too much product.  I apply it to the back of my hand and tap my finger into the product.  I would repurchase them.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud 

Are you being serious?  Do you not appreciate learning about new beauty products?  Are you offended by learning about new beauty on a BEAUTY forum?  If so, you're on the wrong forum.  I can talk about travel, football, dogs, horses and AI but the boss type people will get put out with it and put me in time out .  I hope I'm a valued member and an asset to this forum.  Do I get compensated IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM by all the different beauty brands I talk about here?  I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT.  Are you singling out anyone else that shares new products or raves about a product they're using and love?  Please call them out too.  If you get zero entertainment or informative value from my posts, I'm sure it's super simple to block my posts rather than accuse me of being dishonest and underhanded.  

Not sure how to respond to this. I asked a yes/no question but I obviously hit a nerve. Maybe you're just having a rough day and if so, I hope it improves soon. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud 

No, that is not all you said...

If so, I think people have the right to know. Perhaps saying so at the bottom of your posts (signature line?) would be the honest thing to do.

Not having a bad day at all, even when someone alludes to the fact that I'm not honest.  If you didn't think I was being compensated by beauty brands for posting here about products, it would have never crossed your mind to ask/assume.  And this is all the time I'm wasting on the topic.

Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud Do you not understand how people/influencers get compensated for posts?

They get compenstated if people click on their link and purchase the product. You can also tell because the link is usually not directly to the retailer's site.  It is via a third party like MagicLinks (magik.ly), RStyle (rstyle.me), etc..

Since @monicakm never posts links that take you to a place to order the product, there's no way she could be compensated.  Never mind that QVC would poof any such link.

I don't want to speak for @monicakm, but your post is very insulting.  You can act all innocent with your "hit a nerve" post, but there's no other way to take this other than you implying that she is being dishonest because she is somehow making money off of her posts.

I recognize a lot of her posts as showing images from TrendMood which is an Instagram account that many beauty lovers follow.  She is taking the time to post about new products in case others that read this forum don't follow that account.  If you're not interested or think someone has an ulterior motive, why do you bother reading the posts, just walk on by.

Regular Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud 

Not sure how to respond to this. I asked a yes/no question but I obviously hit a nerve. Maybe you're just having a rough day and if so, I hope it improves soon. 

@ThinkingOutLoud 
If it's any consolation, I've always thought she might be one myself.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ELF Beauty Wands

[ Edited ]

I am all in for these. I would never spend the $ for the real deal. I did see a TikTok and they said they thought the tip was stupid on all these tubes from all brands because they harbor bacteria. Now that is all I think of when I see those tips.