Honored Contributor

EL's New Double Wear Sheer Matte Foundation

Looks like their version of a tint.  $43  Sheer-to-Light, Buildable.  I wonder if this will be as iconic as the OG Double Wear?  I'd like to try it but the shades don't seem quite right (for me).  Maybe their CS can help tomorrow.

Double Wear

Sheer Long-Wear Foundation SPF 19

2n1 desert beige | double wear

Honored Contributor

Re: EL's New Double Wear Sheer Matte Foundation

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

Looks like their version of a tint.  $43  Sheer-to-Light, Buildable.  I wonder if this will be as iconic as the OG Double Wear?  I'd like to try it but the shades don't seem quite right (for me).  Maybe their CS can help tomorrow.

Double Wear

Sheer Long-Wear Foundation SPF 19

2n1 desert beige | double wear

@monicakm   I haven't tried this, but will definitely check it out. I've never worn a full coverage foundation and maybe EL realized many women (during masks, afterwards and now wearing them again) either gave up heavier makeup or stopped wearing any at all. 

I know most clients, except for brides, want a lighter, more natural foundation. EL's sales may have shown this to be true.  

Hope you find a good shade for you. Can you get to counter? Nothing's better than being swatched with several shades to find the best one. Think you said you're a distance from a mall/dept. store, so that may not be possible. If in doubt, I always recommend a neutral shade so it's not too pink or too yellow if that helps. Good luck.

***Sometimes when a company rolls out a new foundation, lipstick, etc., the shades are more limited until they see how the formula is received. 

Honored Contributor

Right now, these sheer tints are all the rage. Every company from high end to low end is coming out with them.  My guess is EL figured they better get on the band wagon of this trend and strike while the iron is hot.   

Valued Contributor

I like to experiment with foundations.  I'm going to try mixing this with my regular EL Double Wear to see if it will still cover imperfections without being as heavy as the regular DW tends to be.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I really can't get to a counter right now due to my knee.  Yes, any shopping outside of WM and a grocery store is an hour away which I could do if it wasn't for the knee.  I always wear a neutral.  Light N to light-med N (maybe).  But their neutral shades will say neutral cool or neutral warm or neutral pink...that's why it's throwing me off.  The closest thing I could find is light-med neutral. They don't have a light neutral.  But, these tints don't have the large shade range as foundations so I guess this is what I'll order.  It's not in Sephora yet but EL offers free shipping on all orders.  OK, I'm going with 2N1

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I don't think I'll ever go back to full coverage foundation as long as my complexion stays nice.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Estee Lauder shade code works like this: First number is the shade intensity level, 1 is the lightest.  The letter is the undertone  cool (c), neutral (n), warm (w). The final number is the depth, the lower the number the lighter the shade.

I am glad you started this thread @monicakm  because it allowed me to find out Double Wear Light which I recently started using is being replaced with this product, my shade is out of stock on the EL site but I found it at Dillard's so purchased some.  I wear a cool shade and couldn't wear a neutral shade, neutral looks like dirt on a cool complexion and warm looks like mud.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage 

Thank you.  Final decision.  I'm going to order 1n2 and 2n1.  One will go back or I'll keep both and mix them.  I don't change foundation colors with the seasons.  I'm milky light year around.

tint.jpg

QVC Customer Care