Honored Contributor

Yikes!  First, this foundation is really old.  I don't know how old but old enough to have an "off" smell.  But, I wanted to try it since it's been so long since I've used a regular foundation.  I've been using skin tints and powder foundation.  I know this is/has been a holy grail of SO MANY, myself included, but man oh man, it was so thick (yes, I shook it).  I can't believe I used to wear such a thick foundation.  I felt like I was suffocating my poor face Smiley Sad  The only other liquid foundation I have is Lancome Tient Idole.  It's not nearly as thick.  I don't wear it much either again due to wearing tints and powder foundation.  The Lancome liquid foundation, imo, is much nicer than the EL Double Wear that I've now thrown away.   When I was wearing drugstore foundation, Revlon Colorstay was my go to.  I bet there is more drugstore makeup products I can use since my face is in "living it's best life" status now Smiley Happy  There is a Loreal powder foundation (I don't recall the name) that gets rave reviews.  I may give it a try once I'm out of my Fenty powder foundation.  Did I just say that?! Smiley Surprised LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: EL Double Wear Foundation

Why don't you return it instead of throwing it away @monicakm ?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   I just can't wear the liquid, I have double wear in powder and that you can control, I agree the liquid feels like another layer of something, it's so hard to describe.

I only buy EL from EL's website directly or from Macy's.  Usually, there's a gift with purchase and one foundation usually takes care of the min. needed.

Don't like it, return it, I sure wouldn't keep it.

New Contributor

I've been mixing the EL doublewear I have left over with either sunscreen (Aveeno) or a light oil free moisturizer to give it more of the BB cream effect. It is very thick compared to newer foundation formulations!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I had no idea they made Double Wear in a powder Smiley Surprised  That's GTK!  I've got 3 or 4 foundations/skin tints I need to go thru before adding more tho.    Oh, and the EL Double Wear is OLD OLD OLD.  I've tossed it.  I have no problem keep makeup that is out of date provided it still looks, feels and smells like it should.  This didn't!  I bought this at Dillards.

Trusted Contributor

@pixiedust02  Me too, I make BB cream by mixing a little foundation with spf moisturuzer, works great. My skin likes to breathe. 

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@pixiedust02  Me too, I make BB cream by mixing a little foundation with spf moisturuzer, works great. My skin likes to breathe. 

@decaf   You didn't ask for my input, but i don't know many women who use foundation or BB Cream on their neck and chest and when SPF is mixed with foundation to use on your face, you rarely use the teaspoon of SPF rec. by derms. That's why I prefer foundations, etc. w/o sunscreen. I use my own underneath and allow dry down time while I do my hair or blow it with my dryer on cool setting. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf   You didn't ask for my input, but i don't know many women who use foundation or BB Cream on their neck and chest and when SPF is mixed with foundation to use on your face, you rarely use the teaspoon of SPF rec. by derms. That's why I prefer foundations, etc. w/o sunscreen. I use my own underneath and allow dry down time while I do my hair or blow it with my dryer on cool setting. 

@ShanusWe weren't discussing sunscreen so I just didn't mention that I use chemical sunscreen SPF45 on my face, neck and chest first. My day moisturizer has physical SPF15, I mix that with foundation (no SPF) to make my own bb cream. It sounds like we both do the same thing. 

Honored Contributor

I used to wear Double Wear years ago and there is no way I could put anything this thick on my skin again.  I'm just not a thick foundation person anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I guess I'm not either. Maybe that's just what was normal/expected a few years ago.