Honored Contributor

EARLY THANKSGIVING WEDDING LAST NIGHT

What a novel idea! The bride and groom had their family attending, some came a long way. They knew that they wouldn't come back in just several weeks.

The decor was done in fall colors and the wedding dinner was turkey with all the fixings. Personally that's my favorite holiday meal of the year.

The friends and family thought the couple had been so considerate of their traveling, too. Everyone held hands at their tables and said what they were grateful for this year. Although this took longer than planned, it was beautiful to see everyone taking a momemt to express their feelings. 

Tables had the centerpieces made with pine cones, fallen leaves and some greenery. A bright candle (battery type) in a glass "column") completed the display.

I had a wonderful time getting the weddingparty ready for the ceremony. The groom wore an an orange cumberbund/tie and the bride had a matching orange satin sash at the waist of her her lace white gown. 

Quite a ceremony, delicious dinner and a DJ afterwards. I arrived home later than usual with final touchups after the feast and before the dancing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: EARLY THANKSGIVING WEDDING LAST NIGHT

@Shanus @What a beautiful event! I bet it was stunning! I love fall colors! So warm and cozy.

im sure the bride was breathtaking!

Now rest up today!

Super Contributor

That sounds so beautiful! Thanks for your happy post!

Honored Contributor

My first wedding was a November one--a hundred years agoWoman Wink---Had fall colors for my maid of honor's dress,  and chrysanthamums in the groom and all the men folks buttonnieres--had a fall bouquet for me and my maid of honor and had a lovely fall decor wedding cake too. that was  in 1971.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Was it incredibly loud? The last two weddings last month that I went to were...one had a DJ and the other a band.  So much so that you had to shout to the person sitting next to you.  Hate when they do that!

One wedding however was quite stunning!  It was downtown in Center City Philadelphia with huge windows looking down upon Independence Hall and the mall area.  Quite a view particularly at night with lights from many other buildings and one could see the bridge and river in the distance.  It was very elegant with lots of great food & service.

I like the Thanksgiving wedding...sounds so nice!

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell   Resting would be wonderful, but I have another "holiday wedding" at noon. 

Many couples that have waited for caterers and venues are getting "hitched" during the holidays. This one will be fun and short. The couple owns a farm and the wedding is outdoors with a brunch menu. 

I carried everything I needed to have there last night on the way home from the "Thanksgiving wedding".

So, now just a short drive out in the country, minimal makeup to do (low key wedding) and home for the rest of the day.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - the wedding sounds beautiful and what a wonderful idea.  Also less expensive for those that had to travel to do so now rather than over the holidays.  Enjoy today's wedding also.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @JudyL . It should be a perfect day, but then again aren't most weddings a joyful occasion?....if well planned.

Respected Contributor

@shanus…have fun! I’m sure this bride will be stunning also!
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Thanks @JudyL . It should be a perfect day, but then again aren't most weddings a joyful occasion?....if well planned.

@Shanus - yes they are.  Even though my marriages didn't work out - the weddings were always fun!