Honored Contributor

Re: EARLY THANKSGIVING WEDDING LAST NIGHT

@Shanus,

That really does sound so lovely. I especially like how they all got to say what they were thankful for. 

That is what we always do at Thanksgiving and I love that!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

haddon9, that wedding location in Philly sounds stunning! I live in the suburbs of Milwaukee, but I'm a city girl at heart. We live close enough to the city that we can be in downtown within 15 minutes so we're happy here. I love the theatre, concerts, ballet, & great food downtown offers!

Honored Contributor

The event sounds so uplifting and wonderful!  What a thoughtful couple!  What a wonderful way to start!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

How very nice, @Shanus !! Did you do any peachy tones since orange seemed to be a theme? If so, what did you use?

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   The bride was cool toned, so using peach shades would not work. I did use my standby Nars Orgasm blush which is a peachy/pink.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

It sounds beautiful!  Thanksgiving dinner...what a great idea! 

We got married in Nov also.  Nov 16th will be 42 years.  My fall colors were burgundy, "rootbeer" (brown), light blue and ivory with an ivory satin/lace gown.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Harpa   The bride was cool toned, so using peach shades would not work. I did use my standby Nars Orgasm blush which is a peachy/pink.

@Shanus - If you don't mind me asking - what lipstick do you like to use with the NARS O blush?  If you can give me a brand name and shade that would be helpful and give me something to go on while I'm looking around.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus - If you don't mind me asking - what lipstick do you like to use with the NARS O blush?  If you can give me a brand name and shade that would be helpful and give me something to go on while I'm looking around.  Thank you!

@JudyL   I rarely use just one shade, but rather vary lip liners with a few lipsticks/glosses. In this case, I use Makeup By Mario liner in HUGH to line and fill in the lips.(my go to favorite neutral) with Nars O in the stick form(called the Multiples) as a lipstick. I used this cream formula as blush and then topped w/ powder in same shade to set it.  O gloss went in center of lips. ***The Muliples stick blush/lips is easy for the bride to slip in her bag for touch ups. I also sometimesthe same shades on the eyes for a unified look. The O stick is beautiful in the crease.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Shanus - just ordered the multiple stick and the gloss from Sephora.  Won't be here for a couple of weeks though. LOL

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   The Nars stick (there are others besides the O), has just enough sheen that I don't wear or need any highlighteror glow in my moisturizer. The gloss stays in my purse w/ Dolly.