Respected Contributor

My plan was to grow out the gray and be done with color during this mostly stay at home time.  I have always colored at home and ususally not happy with results.  I started coloring in my 30s (same color)for the body it gave my straight course short hair.   Drugstore color, Sallys, every brand did not do a good job on my gray. There was always some gray  it did not color the same as the rest of my hair.  I felt each time I colored even using same product it came out different.   Well turns out I don't like the color my natural hair is now with the gray.  The dark brown with no red in it along with the gray just washes me out.  So back to coloring.

Now for Esalon.  I ordered a light brown color (I gave a long paragraph about what I wanted it to look like and a picture of my hair now to esalon) and used it yesterday. After 30 minutes I washed it out and no gray whatsoever.  I was shocked.  The color looked like a natural color not some weird dyed color.  My problem has always been that after a few washes (I shampoo every morning) it would get orangey.  I will update a review on how well it lasts.  Also I used the Alterna Caviar anti aging shampoo and conditioner after that came with it.  I do not own conditioner because I have never never had any that did not make my hair flatter and greasier even when it says it won't.  My hair is now shiny and not greasy this morning.  I may skip the shampoo this morning.  I ordered the shampoo and conditioner online.  

Also it only took about half or less of the color.  I feel I threw away more than I used.  If I continue to use this I will have them send every 8 weeks and mix up only half of it each time and that will make it cheaper to use.

I am keeping my fingers crossed I don't look like an orange clown in a couple of weeks and that the shampoo and conditioner continues to work well.  

Respected Contributor

How wonderful that this new color worked for you! 

Coloring our hair is such a production.  My roots are showing now and I have been putting off the job even though I do it myself.