Esteemed Contributor

From 6.95 to 39 (or 32, or 22)....

Nah, I'll pass. It isn't necessarily the price. But I wonder if it takes 45 minutes to develop, rather than my 10?

I actually never have a problem w/ Clairol Roots, and I have the perfect shade down pat. (I've even done my own highlights.) No need for a cape....the Clairol doesn't drip. I do protect my hairline, though, but with a simple oil or something.

Contributor

I have been using E Salon since the first of this year, first time I ever colored my own hair.  They have videos online and the written instructions are good. I sent a picture along with filling out the quiz and the hair color they sent me has worked out well.  I'm pleased and just received my next application the other day!

Honored Contributor

This sounds very similar to Madison Reed. Pricing and everything......Wonder what is the big difference between the 2? if any? Madison Reed has a lot of hair color choices as well. 

Valued Contributor

@scatcat That's kind of what I was thinking

Honored Contributor

I have been coloring my own hair for the last 30 years, just me in the bathroom with a box of Revlon Colorsilk, less that $3 at Walmart, works for me !!! 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I tried Madison Reed. E salon and Madison Reed are the same, different companies. I liked what Madison Reed did for my hair much better than e Salon. My hair felt exactly the same as when I went to get it done by a colorist. Was not thrilled with the color I chose, but I guess that's on me. The best hair color I tried was from Better Natured. They do not use as many chemicals in their hair color. Before I purchase it again I am trying Schwarzkopf, which is half the cost, and comes highly recommended.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I tried Madison Reed. E salon and Madison Reed are the same, different companies. I liked what Madison Reed did for my hair much better than e Salon. My hair felt exactly the same as when I went to get it done by a colorist. Was not thrilled with the color I chose, but I guess that's on me. The best hair color I tried was from Better Natured. They do not use as many chemicals in their hair color. Before I purchase it again I am trying Schwarzkopf, which is half the cost, and comes highly recommended.

@Janey2 Is Better Natured an automatic shipment, or can you just order once to try it? Thanks!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  You can order it just once. My hair looked and felt so healthy after I used it (twice).

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  You can order it just once. My hair looked and felt so healthy after I used it (twice).

@Janey2 Thanks! I just ordered the Light Golden Brown, received free shipping! Excited to try. I have been using Madison Reed, and have been very happy, but sometimes just like to try something new!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I hope it works out. Really nice color