Valued Contributor

I'm curious if anyone is getting the E salon hair color that was on tonight with Jane. Just not sure if the color would be right.

Respected Contributor

I watched because I used to be a hairdresser esp color but my one question would be who is going to put it on for you.

I know people do color their own hair but its much easier for someone to do it for you.

I do my own hair but I have experience.

Interesting concept.

Respected Contributor

I did not see it presented, but I was interested in learning more.  Your post reminded me.  I did the "customized" quiz just now.  It was a little anticlimatic.  Ultimately, I picked a color and they will send a color.  What's so special?  I can pick a color at the drug store.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

It looks like too much work. Guess I must be lazy. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I tried their hair color, buying directly from e salon. Did not care for it. Went through their "hair quiz." Looked at color choices including what they suggested. Picked a color,used it and did not care for it. Made my hair dry and I did not like the texture. Usually hair color gives my hair lots of body, this did not. I tried 4 different at home hair color products. Be careful I learned whatever color I chose it came out darker. 

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4  It was not hard to do my hair color. You do not have to be that exacting. It is time consuming. It takes about 45 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

Could have used it to do my roots  when all the salons were closed. Interesting presentation . It would have been a trip teaching my Husband how to be my fill in hair stylish .

Respected Contributor

It sounded interesting so I went thru the questionnaire.  I didn't upload a picture but really you're just picking a shade the way you would off a box at Target.  I became disinterested at that point 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I watched because I used to be a hairdresser esp color but my one question would be who is going to put it on for you.

I know people do color their own hair but its much easier for someone to do it for you.

I do my own hair but I have experience.

Interesting concept.

@luvmyteddy4 

I have been coloring my own hair for years, and I've never been to hair coloring school, and have gotten sincere complements on my hair.

It ain't that hard to do.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I started using eSalon about 6 months ago after many years using Garnier Nutrisse.  The Garnier product just wasn't covering my gray as well as in the past so I tried eSalon.  I always do better with an ashy color and the first time, it was not ash enough and a bit too dark.  I communicated this to my eSalon colorist and they adjusted my color.  I love it and have received many compliments on my hair color.  I wear my hair short and haven't had any problems with damage or dryness.  I do it myself with the help of a hinged wall mirror that allows me to see the back and always save a small amount of the color and developer in case I miss any spots so I can touch them up.  I am very pleased with the product.