Regular Contributor

Hi fellow Tria ladies. Got an email today from QVC saying that Tria will be sending out new chargers to Tria purchasers by the end of May. They have apparently gotten "feedback" regarding problems with the laser charging completely (ha, like they had no idea). It said no further action was necessary on my part.

Would really like to know if QVC knew about these problems before they sold it. It could be that Tria is totally responsible as they knew it for sure. I feel really bad for all the ladies that were faithfully doing this night after night and then finding out that it wasn't really working. QVC should extend the warranty for those people without question. I sure hope this thing is worth all trouble it has been for some.

Did not see any other posts about this email. Anyone else get one?

Super Contributor

Re: E-mail regarding Tria laser

I just checked and I got one, too.

Someone had mentioned that QVC (and the other networks) often buy "last year's model" of something (iPad, phone, etc.) and offer it for a great price.

But the Tria wasn't a great closeout-type price. We paid $429, currently "featured price" $471 on Q, $495 on Tria's site, $495 on Sephora. Well, maybe it WAS a good price -- what do you think?

I'm thinking QVC didn't know about the specific charger problems -- why would they open themselves up to that headache? But maybe they believed they were getting the 1st generation lasers?

It seems as though QVC may have pressured Tria to DO something, and I'm grateful for that. I wouldn't think Tria would want to p*ss off such a large customer as QVC and is complying.

There must have been a LOT of complaints or returns so the squeaky wheels are getting the oil.

All I can say is it serves Tria right. THEY knew about the charger problems -- we know that for a fact. Maybe they gambled on saving the money to replace all the chargers hoping that there would be relatively few problems, but now are paying for it anyway.

All speculation on my part, of course. What do YOU all think?

Thanks for the heads up, shannara -- I might have blown right by that emal.

Frequent Contributor

When I registered the product with Tria, they told about the charger plug problem and asked if you wanted a replacement at that time. If you didn't take advantage at that time you could request a replacement at any time in the future. Which is what I did and they Fedx'd it out immediately. Very good cs.

Valued Contributor

I received the email. It said I would receive a new charger by the end of May or first of June. Why send a new charger now. We have had our Tria lasers since April 1. Surely most of us have already received a new charger from the Tria company by now. I don't know what good this will do.

Super Contributor

On 5/12/2014 kalicat said:

When I registered the product with Tria, they told about the charger plug problem and asked if you wanted a replacement at that time. If you didn't take advantage at that time you could request a replacement at any time in the future. Which is what I did and they Fedx'd it out immediately. Very good cs.

I called when I received it because I was having problems getting it up and running. He told me I might be having troubles with the charger and they'd get a new one out to me right away. They didn't even SHIP it until 9 days later, and then not FedEx'd.

Thankfully my potentially wonky charger held out until the very day my new charger arrived. I'd heard a lot of similar stories like yours -- great customer service, but they let my charger slip through the cracks.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I got the email also!!!