Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Dyson has a new blow dryer

I just got an e-mail from dyson..OMG..A $400 dryer would have to come with a Hairdresser for me to buy one!

Esteemed Contributor

It better last me a lifetime for that price. Can you imagine the tears you will shed when it dies? I'll use my $30.00 one thank you.

Honored Contributor

I will need to order at least 2 dozen for Christmas presents since the Dyson blow dryer will be on everyone's wish list!!!!!!! LOL  

Respected Contributor

You mean it's not about tourmaline??  My T3 which I thought was rather expensive, stopped working recently.  It lasted about 2 years.  Lisa R was truly a gifted saleswoman although it really did make a difference and I miss it now; I pressed the reset button....but nothing, put it away and tried again the next day and still nothing.  Woman Mad

Now, if this new $400 dollar dryer gets sold at Qvc for a much lower price, they better have a convincing salesperson.  Shawn's hair is awfully short and close to the head to try and sell one.  No way I'm paying $400 even with 6 ezpay's.  Woman Mad

Valued Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

I will need to order at least 2 dozen for Christmas presents since the Dyson blow dryer will be on everyone's wish list!!!!!!! LOL  

Get a few extras for your "gift closet"! LOL

Honored Contributor

For professional use only?  Who, besides someone charging $40+ a blowout and wanting to do 40 of them a day would spend that kind of money?

Honored Contributor

Eh. Babyliss has one that is close to that. If you dry your hair daily and others in your family use it, it NEEDS to be able to hold up that kind of usage. Someone else mentioned it being used by a pro.... I can see that especially if it speeds up drying time. Time is money, afterall.

Super Contributor

Well I have 5 months to save up for it LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@truffle  I'll be honest, if they feature someone with long, thick, heavy hair and this machine dries it and makes it look WOW in very short period of time... It would tempt me (because that's the kind of hair I have and 45 minutes of blowing hot air on it during the summer is NOT FUN).

If it's someone with a short... waste of time. That doesn't show ANYTHING.