Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson hairdryer/eating my words !

@sarahpanda Truer words have never been spoken.

Trusted Contributor

I thought about purhasing the dyson  when it was a TSV but I just couldnt spend that much on a hair dryer.  I bought the Shark dryer at Costco yesterday.  I am hoping that it is not too heavy...

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda Thank you for your post.  I always say "it's what works for each individual" that makes something "worth" a price.  I too have shoulder problems, the right joint was replaced a couple years ago and the left is wearing out in that direction.  A light weight hair dryer and short dry time are precious to me due to my shoulders.  Air drying isn't an option because of all the waves and cow licks I have so I am careful about the hair tools I buy.    There are so many individual factors that go into a purchase and I am just happy that we are fortunate to have lots of choices.   I am delighted for you!  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9 

Well said....if it works and you really like it, then it is worth every penny I think.

I'm sure we have ALL purchased a high cost item that others would never!!

Thanks for sharing your experience and the positive review @sarahpanda 

Esteemed Contributor

@snipsnapsnur and @NYCLatinaMe    there is a $50.00 off coupon on Amazon right now for the  Skanwen foldable hairdryer.   So it would come to $149.00.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe there's an app called Keepa that will monitor your Wish List on Amazon and let you know when the price drops.

It also adds the price history to the page when you look at an item.

Thanks for the tip @Icegoddess.. Definitely interested! Not sure what a wish list is in Amazon.  I shop the Amazon website and have a "saved for later" list and a "shopping list" for items that are out of stock.  Is there a "wish list" somewhere?  Do I need to use the Amazon App to use Keepa?

TIA!

Super Contributor

I took the Dyson plunge in December when Nordstrom sent me a 30 percent off a Dyson hair tool one-day sale. Maybe because I spent so much at Christmas? I don't know because they usually don't go on sale. All I have to say is WOW!!! Complete game changer!! I have shoulder-length, thick curly hair that is also colored and dry that I blow out straight. My hair comes out like silk with this dryer!! And that is without a flat iron. Plus it took 15 minutes off my blow-drying time. This tool is amazing. And yes, it is pricey, but worth every penny!!!!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe there's an app called Keepa that will monitor your Wish List on Amazon and let you know when the price drops.

Thanks for the tip @Icegoddess.. Definitely interested! Not sure what a wish list is in Amazon.  I shop the Amazon website and have a "saved for later" list and a "shopping list" for items that are out of stock.  Is there a "wish list" somewhere?  Do I need to use the Amazon App to use Keepa?

TIA!

@NYCLatinaMe Wish List is probably just what I named my list or the default name that Amazon gives a list.  I don't really remember.

I never shop on my phone, so you don't need to use the Amazon App to use Keepa.  I only do shopping on my laptop.  The Keepa App goes on your phone though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

TIA!

@NYCLatinaMe Wish List is probably just what I named my list or the default name that Amazon gives a list.  I don't really remember.

I never shop on my phone, so you don't need to use the Amazon App to use Keepa.  I only do shopping on my laptop.  The Keepa App goes on your phone though.

Thanks @Icegoddess, I'd like to use this if I could figure out how.  I When I first joined Amazon I thought it notified me of price changes to items in my shopping cart or saved items, but I now think that is just an ad feature, since it doesn't always notify me of price changes.  Can you tell me how you add items to that "wish list"?  Do you place them in your shopping cart first, or do they go directly to the list?

Do you give Keepa your Amazon account info?  How does it know what items to track prices on?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

TIA!

Thanks @Icegoddess, I'd like to use this if I could figure out how.  I When I first joined Amazon I thought it notified me of price changes to items in my shopping cart or saved items, but I now think that is just an ad feature, since it doesn't always notify me of price changes.  Can you tell me how you add items to that "wish list"?  Do you place them in your shopping cart first, or do they go directly to the list?

Do you give Keepa your Amazon account info?  How does it know what items to track prices on?

@NYCLatinaMe , Amazon does show price changes to items in your saved list but I've never been notified of the changes.  When you go to your list and scroll through your saved items you will see if a price has dropped since it was saved to your list. 

When you're looking at an item down below Add to Cart, there should be a button to Add to List.  It'll add it to your default list.  

Yes, you do have to give it some Amazon information.  I think I only had to give them the E-mail I use with Amazon though and then you can choose and import your list.  I forgot they also have a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox if you use those.  There's also a website.