Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Dyson hairdryer/eating my words !

Ok friends, I've got my suit of armor on in case some of you feel the need to bombard me ...I am one of those in the past who has laughed about spending that kind of $ on a Dyson hairdryer...until I took the plunge last week, thinking what have I got to lose, I can always send it back if it's nothing special..uh..it's not going back ! I primarily purchased it because of a shoulder issue and had heard it was lightweight. It is...and it dries my hair in about 3 minutes (good for my shoulder issue also) and I've actually developed a new style (not intending to)...and my chin length hair looks much fuller.  Yes, I'm eating crow on this one, for sure.  I love it - and would buy it again.  Learned my lesson -"Don't knock it if you ain't tried it'' - because you'll be like I was and obviously not know what you are talking about....just sayin'.  (Hug time for those who don't unload ugly words on me..and hug time for those that do also !)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dyson hairdryer/eating my words !

I have the Dyson hairdryer and it is not worth the money.

The are many more out there that does the job better and safer for the hair.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda   I'm glad you gave an honest review!  I feel the same way and you did, but I have really long thick hair and it may be time to give it a try.  After all, it can be sent back if it doesn't work out.

Happy for you, I love when we try new things and it beats expectations. 

You should post in the "you get what you pay for" thread!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had a dyson hairdryer for a few years, the owner of the salon I go to was using one and used it on me one day, WOW, my hair was dry in seconds. I too balked at the pricing but bought it. My hair was much longer then, and it saved me time at a much lower temperature. I did try the original Dyson hair system, but found it was difficult for me to use so it went back. . . I'm considering getting one or two of the attachments that are now available, but not sure about them. My hair is now very short, so they may work well for volume.

Lynn

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda  Thanks for your opinion. I am thinking about purchasing it. Will wait for the Sephora sale.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

SKANWEN-Professional-Hair-Dryer-Set.jpgI purchased this, less than 1 lb hair dryer for $139 before Christmas.  Wow, is it powerful, but very very quiet, and dries my hair in, at most, 5 minutes.  Magnetic attachments, very narrow heat directional attachments, diffuser, ionic technology and foldable!  Got it from the big A.  

I would say it is a comparable dryer to an overpriced Dyson.

Removed link

Honored Contributor

I had bought a Dyson canister vacuum. It is cumbersome and HEAVY. I stuck it in the back of a closet and have not touched it in well over a year.

I expected the hair dryer to be the same. And I thought who needs a heavy hair dryer?

So I never considered buying one. Glad it worked out so well for you, @sarahpanda .

Valued Contributor

If you arent hurting others in the process, there is no need to explain yourself to anyone. We are all here for one short brief period of time and if something brings you joy then embrace it. IMHO

Honored Contributor

I always thought it was foolish to buy such an expensive hair dryer.  I changed my mind when I tried one.  I bought the Dyson air wrap, and it makes my hair look like I had a professional blow out.  I hardly need any product and I can go a couple of days between washes now.  It's a huge time saver for me and was totally worth the price.  

Trusted Contributor

It might be a thought for hair stylist - to give the Dyson hairdryer a try - It would surely save them drying time and be profitable in the long run.