Frequent Contributor

I have aging, thick, straight, course hair. I do color it have gray and use a, flat iron and blow dryer . It does get frizzy. Only shampoo 2-3 times a week.  Use a mask and good smapoo. I would like to ask if the Dyson hair dryer is worth it.I currently use the Babyliss dryer, and flat iron. Help is appreciated!

Super Contributor

@annieo @I don't know about the Dyson hair dryer. Don't know if you would be interested but I get a Brazilian Blowout every 3 or 4 months. It really changes the texture of your hair and it's stopped the frizz.

Trusted Contributor

My stylist loves the Dyson.  However it is not in my price range right now. 

Frequent Contributor

I got a Dyson dryer at an estate sale in 2021.  Would have never paid that price, but for $25 what did I have to lose...I love it.  My hair is short and very thick....a little like horse hair.  I can dry it in 10 minutes, and it has REALLY reduced the damage from other dryers and styling products.   

Trusted Contributor

@annieo I have a Dyson Airwrap and love it, but it sounds like you're interested in the standard Dyson dryer.  You might want to check out the new Shark HyperAir dryer.  There are a bunch of comparison videos on YouTube.  It's a lot cheaper so might be worth taking a look and checking reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

@lkat 

The Dyson Airwrap looks very interesting. I've wanted one, but was waiting to see if one of my family members would buy it first so I could play with their Dyson before spending $$$.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@annieo wrote:

I have aging, thick, straight, course hair. I do color it have gray and use a, flat iron and blow dryer . It does get frizzy. Only shampoo 2-3 times a week.  Use a mask and good smapoo. I would like to ask if the Dyson hair dryer is worth it.I currently use the Babyliss dryer, and flat iron. Help is appreciated!

If you do use heat you should be using a product that will protect your hair with the heating utensil you use.  There are lots of them @annieo .

I personally don't use heat to dry or blowout.  I have coarse hair because I'm African American, but it's only coarse close to the scalp.  If I comb it upwards the ends and the middle part of my hair is not as coarse.  Weird hair.....

Do you know what your hair's porosity is?  You might be able to find some new products better suited for the coarseness you experience.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 I love mine.  I use it every time I dry my hair.  I don't always use the curling attachments because I wear my hair straight a lot of the time.  It dries so fast and I can get my hair so smooth with the flat and round brush attachments.  The curling attachments work well, but the curl falls a bit during the day.

I know Shark also has their version of this that that just came out.  Have seen some comparison videos and it looks good.  It's a lot cheaper so might be worth looking at.  

Honored Contributor

@annieo 

I purchased the Dyson hair dryer a few years ago and use the diffuser on my curly hair.  It is phenomenal!  It dries my hair quickly, even on the lowest heat setting (I never use the higher heat settings).  It's lightweight, so if you have joint issues, e.g., arthritis, it's so easy to use.  I will never use any other dryer!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much I will look into  the Brazilian blow out.