Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Super Sonic Hair Dryer

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

I have a Dyson hairdryer. I bought it as last summer’s TSV and ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ it!  I’m a curly girl & the diffuser is the best.  I only use the low heat, low speed & I am dry in no time!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I paid $399 as well. It came with some good products and a full size one that I have continued to buy. I don' thave thick hair, but love this dryer. I definitely do not have the frizz I used to. I love the attachments. I've spent a lot of money over the years on other dryers that were sub par and/or stopped working, like the T3.  Everyone spends their money on different things. For me, this was a great purchase. I would not have gotten it if it wasn't on easy pay.

Respected Contributor

Own mine for about 2 years and I love it.  It cuts down my drying time on my longer thick straight hair.  When I as my fuzzy dogs, it cuts down their drying time too LOL

Deb

Honored Contributor

Preordered Fuchsia: T3 dryer, served me for 5yrs. I have for the last couple years wanted Dyson for several reasons...

Lightweight, compact, and attachments. Thanks, Ladies for sharing your experiences and helpful comments.

Respected Contributor

The demonstrations look amazing but I just can't spend that kind of money on a hair dryer. My hair is very coarse, thick, wavy and curly so it probably would cut down on drying my hair. Recently I bought a GHD at Ulta with points that I accumulated. It sold for $199 but I also had a 20% coupon so I ended up paying $49. So far I love the performance of this dryer. I have asked my stylist what she thinks of the Dyson. She thinks they are just too much money for most people to purchase.

Honored Contributor

Sorry but is a big NO  for me-- $400 for a hairdryer is way out of my comfort zone; it would have to feed the cat, do the dishes and dust my house too---my hair is so short and fine that it takes me under 5 minutes to dry it with a dryer and not much longer if I air dry.

Respected Contributor

There is no way I would spend that much on a hair dryer. Maybe if I was super rich with tons of money to waste. I got very nice dryer recently for around $25.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me and my pocketbook it's a big NO, but for those who have splurged and it was worth it to you, I am happy for you.  As one poster said, we spend our money differently and have different priorities. 

I will say, that I tuned in last night around 11:45pm to see what the TSV might be -  Shawn was giving the sales pitch of a lifetime. I think I actually saw her twitch!  Woman LOL  

Frequent Contributor

To me, hot air is hot air.  None of it is really good for your hair.  BUT, if you really want one you can use a 20% off coupon for it at Bed bath & beyond..  That’s about $80 off!

Esteemed Contributor

Most of us don't have $400 to spend on a hair dryer.  A professional buying one makes sense if it cuts down on drying time.