Trusted Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Wrap

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@skittles2 

You asked in your OP about the dryer part.  The dryer with the air wrap is used to partially dry your hair and the styling tools dry completely.  I have the original dryer and because my hair is curly I use the diffuser only and love it.  I bought the whole air wrap set as a Christmas gift for my daughter & grand daughter to share.  they have long hair and I'm sure they will love it.  DGD is at the age where she is getting into doing her own hair etc so she should enjoy it.  Hope it works great for you.

To those making disparaging remarks about those of us that own or made this purchase may I say it's non of your business what we choose to purchase and I take exception to your remarks.  

Hi mspat,

thank you for the info! I didn't realize the 2 dryers were different; I saw the shapes were, and they both list 9V, on dyson's site, maybe the watts are different as well.

What a generous gift to give your DD & DGD. They are going to be thrilled. 

I have 4 daughters, I bouth them Vitamix's last year, I must be losing my mind because I didn't think about this or the regular dryer as gifts. I'm going to find out if theyd want them, I think one may, but not all 4, WHEWCat Wink

Can either be used on dry hair just to freshen a style or tame a patch here or there? I use a mist product called 21, it's good for keeping my hair healthy. Sometimes when I wake I have a few hairs that got wonky during the night, I lightly spray 21 and restyle with a light comb. Maybe 21 would work instead of getting it damp?

Thank you for your words. I agree wholeheartily. To each her own. I wouldn't want anyone who kindly responded to me about their dyson  experience, and helping me, to feel they were being laughed at...

Thank you

Cat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@skittles2 

You asked in your OP about the dryer part.  The dryer with the air wrap is used to partially dry your hair and the styling tools dry completely.  I have the original dryer and because my hair is curly I use the diffuser only and love it.  I bought the whole air wrap set as a Christmas gift for my daughter & grand daughter to share.  they have long hair and I'm sure they will love it.  DGD is at the age where she is getting into doing her own hair etc so she should enjoy it.  Hope it works great for you.

To those making disparaging remarks about those of us that own or made this purchase may I say it's non of your business what we choose to purchase and I take exception to your remarks.  

Hi mspat,

thank you for the info! I didn't realize the 2 dryers were different; I saw the shapes were, and they both list 9V, on dyson's site, maybe the watts are different as well.

What a generous gift to give your DD & DGD. They are going to be thrilled. 

I have 4 daughters, I bouth them Vitamix's last year, I must be losing my mind because I didn't think about this or the regular dryer as gifts. I'm going to find out if theyd want them, I think one may, but not all 4, WHEWCat Wink

Can either be used on dry hair just to freshen a style or tame a patch here or there? I use a mist product called 21, it's good for keeping my hair healthy. Sometimes when I wake I have a few hairs that got wonky during the night, I lightly spray 21 and restyle with a light comb. Maybe 21 would work instead of getting it damp?

Thank you for your words. I agree wholeheartily. To each her own. I wouldn't want anyone who kindly responded to me about their dyson  experience, and helping me, to feel they were being laughed at...

Thank you

Cat Very HappyHeart

Thanks for asking some questions. I saw the two advertised but I did not understand  what the difference was between the two . They look the same . Why are there two barrels each the same size ? I missed it as a TSV . Did you see the reviews , it was a mixed bag some love it 4* and some complained it did not work properly  after a few months.  I'm thinking of looking around for this  but am sure Dyson has a set price no matter where you purchase it . I have a Dyson vacum & air humidifier  that I bought else where.  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

My mother's wrap was cheaper 492a6343f4f20b7de6c3aea07e6daf7b - Edited.jpg

Thanks , was always wondering how my Mother curled my hair !

Respected Contributor

@skatting44   ...  I don't own this, but looked at the videos.  There are  two sizes of barrels, and two of each size.  The reason for two of a size is that they curl in opposite directions.  Nice to have.  (I have an old Instyler, and the barrel only rotates in one direction.  It would be much easier to use if I could change the direction of rotation rather than contort my arms!)

@skatting44 wrote: Why are there two barrels each the same size ?
Esteemed Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@skatting44   ...  I don't own this, but looked at the videos.  There are  two sizes of barrels, and two of each size.  The reason for two of a size is that they curl in opposite directions.  Nice to have.  (I have an old Instyler, and the barrel only rotates in one direction.  It would be much easier to use if I could change the direction of rotation rather than contort my arms!)

@skatting44 wrote: Why are there two barrels each the same size ?

Thank you, I did not watch the video . I better do my homework on this item. Bed Bath & Beyond has it  , however some of the same complaints along with some 4* reviews.

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 

Hi, thanks for your posts!  Nordstrom has the airwrap  the complete set that I bought, for $549, 10$ more than the TSV.  and nordtrom has no limit return policy. You can can return anytime, for any reason.  I've had to return something 2 yrs after I bought it due to a defect showing up. 

That price is still great.  

Qvc, you can try items until Jan 31, but Nordstrom much longer. I've bought many beauty tools/ or big ticket items from N, or items I knew I would need longer than a month or so to try.  BBB use to have a long return policy, and Costco definately does.

Costco is my #1 for big ticket/electrical, laptop shopping just for that reason, and prices/included offers,  but mostly for returns if needed.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@skatting44 

Hi, thanks for your posts!  Nordstrom has the airwrap  the complete set that I bought, for $549, 10$ more than the TSV.  and nordtrom has no limit return policy. You can can return anytime, for any reason.  I've had to return something 2 yrs after I bought it due to a defect showing up. 

That price is still great.  

Qvc, you can try items until Jan 31, but Nordstrom much longer. I've bought many beauty tools/ or big ticket items from N, or items I knew I would need longer than a month or so to try.  BBB use to have a long return policy, and Costco definately does.

Costco is my #1 for big ticket/electrical, laptop shopping just for that reason, and prices/included offers,  but mostly for returns if needed.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

Thanks, will definitely use my Nordstrom card  . I've mostly purchased shoes or clothing or fragrances from Nordstrom .  Thanks for the FYI

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from everyone who bought one!

Respected Contributor

The Dyson Hairwrap is FABULOUS!  I love it!❤️😍🥰