Trusted Contributor

I bought the complete set.  I have a number of tools in my cabinet, but they're hard for me to use, most require to hands to maneuver.  A few years ago I had a stroke which has caused some weakness in one arm. That same arm also has vascular issues which adds to me not being able to hold my arm at certain angles for more than a minute or so.

The Airwrap has attachments I would use, and I think I may be able to mostly use one arm, or 2 for short periods.

I thought, with the long return period, I'd give it a try. I know it's a lot of money, but so are the individual tools just sitting in my cabinet,

and me feeling I'd like to style my hair without going through difficulty and discomfort.

So that's worth it to me.

I'm excited about the possibilities!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

My mother's wrap was cheaper 492a6343f4f20b7de6c3aea07e6daf7b - Edited.jpg

Respected Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

My mother's wrap was cheaper 492a6343f4f20b7de6c3aea07e6daf7b - Edited.jpg

I bet those curls look awesome too!!!  

Respected Contributor

Honestly I can't watch QVC today because of this air wrap.  The price of it is out of control and frustrating.

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Hi,

The Wrap itsn't offered on the Dyson page.  Anyone know if it's coming back? I just ordered the regular Dyson dryer, wanted to order the Wrap to compare. I think I'd like the Wrap better for what I'd want to do.

Does the wrap have the same dryer as the regular dryer,- size, speed, settings, etc.,  are the wand attachments the only difference?

Thanks!

I watched a YouTuber comparing it to the dryer and air wrap and she said the Dryer is better and she uses it all the time.

Super Contributor

@skittles2  I ordered the complete set too and am very excited to receive it.  It is definitely pricey and it will be my Christmas and birthday present.  I would rather get something like this that I really want and can try out for a good period of time than several smaller items.

@cactusgal   That pic made me laugh out loud and definitely brought back memories!

Honored Contributor

If you're going to buy it, PLEASE read ALL the reviews and be careful to notice that the majority of the reviews are NOT QVC customers but come from Dyson corporate. All the Dyson reviews are 5 star; NOT SO for the QVC reveiws.

I wrote one. The dryer kept stopping on me. I don't know what is wrong but it's a HUGE flaw with the design. This issue is mentioned repeatedly so....buyer beware.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Shawn try it and she was having difficulties. She couldn't get it to grab her hair until the rep helped her. I think it is very pricey.

Off topic, did anyone watch Million Dollar Listing New York when Ryan said Dyson paid $73 million dollars for their apartment. They live in a small section of New York where only the wealthiest live. I thought it was very interesting.

Trusted Contributor

I totally understand why a lot of people think the price of this is crazy.  That being said, I own this and I love it (I did not buy it from QVC).  I mainly use the dryer attachment, the flat brush and round brush attachments.

It dries my hair in record time and I never have to use a flat iron anymore.  I get volume at the root and sleekness in the rest of my hair.  I've owned a few other pricey blow dryers so I'm not comparing this to a $30 Conair dryer.  It definitely dries/styles my hair faster than anything I've ever owned.

I haven't had a lot of luck with the curler attachments.  I also haven't had the time to try them much so don't feel like I can give a fair review on them.  I do know I don't like the curl if you use it like they show - you get that old fashioned kind of curl where the ends are curly.  I've tried it a couple of times with holding like you would a curling wand (upside down) and I like the wave it gives, but it hasn't lasted as long as I would like.  I still need to experiment more with those attachments.

I decided to buy this over the regular dryer because it's more versatile.  I don't need to use any other brushes or hot tools to style my hair and since I leave for work early, I need something that doesn't take a long time. We all get to decide how we spend our money and for me pricey hair tools/products are worth it if they perform. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@Sunnycorle: My curls came out better then Shirley Temples Woman LOL