Trusted Contributor

Dyson Hair Dryer

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't get over $400 for a blow dryer! Stop the insanity!!!

Occasional Contributor

Who pays that kind of money for a hair dryer. I mean even a professional doesnt pay that kind of money. Heck you can get one with a chair attached for that! Dyson and QVC what are you thinkin? That Dyson isnt going to do anymore then lets say a conaire or any other brand all we want is to dry the hair for that kind of money it needs to dry it straighten it curl it and style it. Do you know how many trips to the salon you can get your hair done by someone else for that kind of money...really!!!

Trusted Contributor

You are so right, queen bee. I have a $30 hair dryer that dries my hair just fine. I realize there are nicer/better dryers, but at the end of the day, my hair is dry. It does the job. I can think of so many better things to spend $400 on.

Esteemed Contributor

How about standing in front of today's TSV?  You could dry your hair, cool your room, and purify the air at the same time!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Dryer

[ Edited ]

I know 2 hairdressers who use them for themselves and both are getting them for their business use.  Another woman has very curly, thick hair and her hair was breaking really bad.  Since getting the Dyson her hair is not breaking and actually looking smooth and shiny.  For anyone with longer and thick curly hair it does definitely drastically reduce the drying time - thus cutting down on the damage of the heat.  For someone who spends a whole lot of time blow drying their hair straight (or even brush dry curling it) it is well worth it.  Most here only spend a few minutes drying their probably short and even thinning hair!!   We have these posts all the time!  I don't want or need a fancy fashion purse that is ridiculously costly and to me a waste of money just to hold my stuff!!  That to me is insanity having these shows on for hours for days!! Others do like and spend the money because for them it is well worth it.  Everyone can decide for themselves what they are willing to spend money on.  I just don't watch just to run and post something critical about a product I would never use!!

I just cannot understand the posts declaring that since they don't want or need certain things that these items should not be shown - even if they are moneymakers that many do buy and obviously they are selling!!!

Honored Contributor

It may be the best item since sliced bread but I personally won't purchase another Dyson product after buying a $500 Animal Vacuum years ago and a few months after the warranty was up (nothing Dyson would do), it broke to the tune of a $170 repair.  In a year, the same part broke again..... that has soured me on Dyson completely and my $670 vacuum was thrown in our dumpster..

I've always used a high end dryer with Tourmaline, etc..... but decided to buy a T3 when QVC had them.  Quite a step up price wise.  I should have sent it back when I had the opportunity.  The defuser ALWAYS falls off several times during the process and it dries far too hot....  

Next dryer and I'll go back to what I have always used.... a Revlon (*gasp*)...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Dryer

[ Edited ]

Everything made  with the Dyson name  is way over priced.... always $299 or $399 or$499.  Someone is living the posh life selling average products that should sell for  at the most $100 selling for two three and four times that. 

RIP OFF!!!!

Honored Contributor

I splurged on a T3 years ago -- never again.  My pesonal choice now is BaByliss.  They offer the newest technology and have dryers from $30 to over $200.  I own two -- a travel dryer for $30 and a regular that I paid about $45.  Love them both.  Cat Very Happy  For $400, I could have a new duvet set (a really good one); cocktail table; TV; etc. you get the picture.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

It may be the best item since sliced bread but I personally won't purchase another Dyson product after buying a $500 Animal Vacuum years ago and a few months after the warranty was up (nothing Dyson would do), it broke to the tune of a $170 repair.  In a year, the same part broke again..... that has soured me on Dyson completely and my $670 vacuum was thrown in our dumpster..

I've always used a high end dryer with Tourmaline, etc..... but decided to buy a T3 when QVC had them.  Quite a step up price wise.  I should have sent it back when I had the opportunity.  The defuser ALWAYS falls off several times during the process and it dries far too hot....  

Next dryer and I'll go back to what I have always used.... a Revlon (*gasp*)...

@Q4u

Ohhh you are so right.There is not anything I have ever bought (big time shopper here) that I hate more than my Dyson products!!!

BTW I use Revlon too

Respected Contributor

I have to agree about the Babybliss.  They are fantastic!!