Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Dryer for $399?

The Dyson $399 dryer is probably an excellent purchase for women with thick hair.  As far as handbags, there are women that collect Dooneys (I am NOT one of them).   I understand what you are saying but people must be buying if the item on TV is selling.  Plus just before the holidays, the Q will always push high priced items.  It's called survival.

kindness is strength
Contributor

I have very long, extremely thick wavy and textured hair. The Dyson dryer would be an investment that I would consider. The only reason why I haven't purchased one is that I don't blow dry my hair. I prefer to let it dry naturally and then I straighten is afterward.

Esteemed Contributor

I think cost should be relevant to what works for you.  If the $400 Dyson works best on your hair, then it's worth every dollar.  For some, the less, but still pricey $150 to $200 range (T-3s and Buttercups) are very effiicient.  Then there are others who get fabulous results with the $50 Conair.  Speaking for my own use as one with a kinky curly hair type, the dryer is just step one as my hair can't be straightened with any dryer (not even by a stylist).  After drying the hair still has to be flat ironed and then curled; or at home I prefer the styling irons and hot styling brushes to cut out the flat iron step.  I own a Little Buttercup (it was a gift), but frankly I rarely use it because my hair is almost dry in the time it takes me to brush my teeth and gather my clothes.  If I put makeup on first it's totally dry when I'm ready to comb out.  My hair dries sitting in the salon chair before the stylist finishes the cut.  She only uses a blowdryer on my hair when I come in between cuts for service. In other words, I don't need a $400 dryer, but there are plenty of people who need a powerful tool, and if $400 or the easy pay on the Dyson are manageble for their budget why not.    

Trusted Contributor

Isn't it great we all have the freedom of choice? i love my Dyson hair dryer.

Honored Contributor

I am wondering if this dryer is really that great   for the money? It takes me 4 minutes maybe....to dry my very short, thin hair. Heck I can go downstairs and back up again and it would be dry, so no way will I spend $400 on a dryer.

Honored Contributor

Inexpensive hair dryers are readily available locally almost everywhere has a Walmart now days. I'm not sure why QVC would spend the money and air time to offer the average hair dryer. And no the Dyson doesn't at all compare to those. I own it.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I love my Dyson hairdryer!  I have thin hair but it just does a much better job than other hairdryers.  I consider myself a 'real woman' who chooses what to splurge on.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

If you want a $400 hair dryer, go for it!  My cheap one from Target works just fine but I do spend money on Botox and fillers so there you have it..priorities ladies, priorities!! It's all in what you consider important!

Respected Contributor

Tried it awhile back think it was a TSV....I didn't like it.  I found the intense air flow to just make my curly frizzy hair keep the kinks in it more.  Tried low setting to but the air never got very hot so I could use my brush to smooth in into a style.  I went over my bangs and crown area many times attempting to get it right.  I also found it odd to work with...the design of it.  Found it heavy and awkward for me.  Just couldn't make it work for me.  After a week I sent it back.  

Valued Contributor

I also bought as a TSV and returned it.  I actually preferred my $159 hairdryer.  I am a big fan of Dyson vacuum cleaners but found the hairdryer to be awkward and did not fulfill the claims of less frizziness and great shine.