Valued Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Dryer for $399?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

There may be some women who would enjoy telling their friends they own a $399 dryer....maybe a status thing. Silly, since it stays in the bathroom drawer.

I’d be more apt to spend $399 if it had a crossbody strap, or hung from a nice chain, wrapped around my wrist, had diamonds on it......lol

I haven't told one single person outside of the boards that I own a Dyson dryer. It isn't a status thing, it is hair thing and my hair has never looked better and its texture has improved.  It is hands down the best thing I've purchased in 2018, heck maybe in the last 5 years. You can hide a hair dryer in your home and I do so. Women shaming other women while they have receipt in their own closet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is your money and do whatever you want. I think these dryers are made for professionals with a clientele. The dryers are lighter and dry faster. I don't need this dryer, therefore I am not buying it. Sometimes it appears the models hair is frizzy but that is my observation. 

Trusted Contributor

Can they get it to vacuum too?  The cord looks the same on my Dyson Cyclone.

Honored Contributor

For the price it should have dual voltage.

Honored Contributor

I love mine, I bought it when it was the TSV in 10-17, I have very thick hair, it is short now but when it was longer, it dried my hair in a snap.

I did not buy it because of the price I bought it because it works

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

Explain how a dyson vacuum can be sold for $199 but a small hairdryer is almost $400. Less parts but more expensive?
Trusted Contributor

There are obviously enough people who are willing to purchase these items so that is why they offer them.  Easy Pay makes it easier for people who really want the $399 hair dryer to purchase it.  I can't knock QVC for selling products which people are willing to purchase.

Personally I don't think the hair dryer is worth the money someone is paying for it.

Honored Contributor

@AZGardener wrote:

I'm a 30 year shopper with QVC, and will continue to shop here!  High quality items, great customer service.  But I've noticed in the past year or longer, the trend to sell items that are outrageously priced, and a push (it seems) from QVC to put these items into viewing times that more people are watching.  I know Dyson brand carries a high price tag; and I can afford their products, and don't have a problem with the price, but what happened to reasonably priced items that "most of us" purchase?  Why the major push from QVC recently to highlight these really high priced things, like this hair dryer?  Truth is, we can get great results from a decent hair dryer that costs far less than even $100.  Same thing is happening with women's handbags; ok, we all like to splurge once in a while on a designer bag, but real-life women aren't looking to spend $250 and higher on a handbag, that frankly, can disappear just as easily as a $75 handbag.  Come on QVC, come on back to catering to 'real world' women who want to spend their money carefully!

Real world women??? What does purchasing a hairdryer that costs $399 have to do with being a real world woman??

Plenty of women have large arsenals of makeup that cost far more than $399. Since when do we need an edit based on one person's economic status determine what others can buy here??

Nice that QVC makes an effort to continue offering a variety of products...

Honored Contributor

I want one.  My new hair stylist uses one, swears by it, and there is definitely a difference (to me anyway). I used to have a T3 which was great, but it died after about 4 years. I'm currently using a cheap $20 hair dryer I bought at a drugstore.  I would love a Dyson for Christmas!

I would never tell a friend what kind of hair dryer I used - unless that friend specifically asked (and to be honest, I can't imagine anyone asking).  

Honored Contributor

hey I wouldn't spend 59$ + shipping on a poly span top when I could get a least 2 at Marshalls or tJ's but people here get them all the time,  

this "real women" thing is irrelevant

however if you were VIB at Sephora you could have got one at the discount