Contributor

I recived the Dyson Blow Dryer for Xmas, after trying it out for the past week I will be returning it to Ulta. My hair looks and feels so dry (like straw) I had high hopes for this dryer. My hair is a bit on the couarse side, slightly curly and medium in thickness. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Honored Contributor

Why do you assume that you are doing something wrong ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The only thing you did wrong was fall for the hype---and we all do that from time to time. Pack the thing  up and send it back!! Thats' my resolution for 2017---banish the hype--which means--don't watch shopping channels; hype should be one of the initials in each of the logos---QVCH+, HSNH+. It's everywhere!!!!

Contributor

I guess I'm not the problem, the darn thing is just not right for my hair.

Contributor

You are so right. Now that I got it out of my system, back it goes.

Honored Contributor

@deery wrote:

I guess I'm not the problem, the darn thing is just not right for my hair.

There you go. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Asking my favorite stylist about any new tools or products before I even try them has saved me many times over the years.  I used to just buy and swallow my disappointment.  That was years ago when easy returns were much more limited, but I use the same procedure today. 

As for doing anything wrong?  Can't imagine - although I do seem to remember hearing that dryer was super fast even for medium or think hair.  Even with my old, chep Conair, my hair dries in a few minutes -  That Dyson might get that number down to one minute, but I wouldn't spend my money for that.

Honored Contributor

BabyBliss has excellent dryers and a range of prices you can find one that will suit your needs.  It sounds like you need to place the heat on warm instead of hot.  Try to towel dry your hair really well and wait before you start drying (let your hair air dry a little) then use your dryer.  Good luck.  $400 for a dryer is a bit much.  For that much it should style your hair too!  ha!  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I agree with @Katcat1. Babyliss dryers are very good! They are frequently top-rated wherever they are sold.

Trusted Contributor

Awhile ago I bought the HSN TS hair dryer from Joy.  It was under $40.  I really, really like it.  I noticed today, it is still being offered as a past TS.