Trusted Contributor

Anyone know if it will be a TSV before the holidays? I have one, love it. I'd to purchase for daughters, hopefully during a discount price.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Frequent Contributor

Love your fur babies.

Frequent Contributor

If you are Sephora VIB, the 20% off sale is coming up.

Super Contributor

Hello,  I've been eyeing the Airwrap but the price frightens me every time.  I love the Dyson vac & blow drier.  What do you love about the airwrap?  I have fine hair..lots of it and it's now past my shoulders due to no salon visits.  Am wondering if I should spring for one.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @skittles2 I've been wondering the same. Easy pay would be nice on this one. I'm thinking about ordering from Sephora. They have one for $499 that just has pieces for fine hair. Since I don't have coarse hair, I don't really need the $550 set with all the attachments, and this would save me $50. I've been watching all sorts of YouTube tutorials and reviews.  It's a lot, but I figure I've saved a lot not going to the salon as much due to Covid. That's what I keep telling myself anyway to help justify the cost. 😂 I see that Sephora has a significant discount if I sign up for their credit card too. Please let me know if you find a better deal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mcducky wrote:

Hello,  I've been eyeing the Airwrap but the price frightens me every time.  I love the Dyson vac & blow drier.  What do you love about the airwrap?  I have fine hair..lots of it and it's now past my shoulders due to no salon visits.  Am wondering if I should spring for one.

@mcducky Sounds like we are similar in that we both have fine hair just past our shoulders.  I'd also love to hear from anyone here who owns the Airwrap.

The price scares me too, but I haven't spent as much on my hair this year (highlights & cuts) due to Covid.  Although I miss the highlights, I think my hair likes taking a break from the processing.

I did an internet search, "Dyson Airwrap with fine hair," and came up with lots of YouTube video demonstrations.  It seems there is a learning curve.  Most say that the trick is making sure your hair is not too wet and not too dry.  I've seen several say that they use root boosting and other styling products just before using, and that helps set the style. 

I've watched a few reviews about the straightener, the Dyson Corrale, but a lot of those say they get similar results with a good quality flat iron.  The negative Airwrap reviews had lots of comments below from viewers saying the person's hair was too wet and that's why the results weren't as good.  Also, I've seen some who say the hairdryer part is good but not as good as the Dyson hairdryer they had previously purchased.  I wouldn't know about that since I don't have a Dyson hairdryer.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Add me to the group who is waiting and wondering.

I have the heavy, coarse hair that is also long. Using a large round brush and blowdryer hurts my wrist after awhile and it takes a long time....it gets old fast. I watched a YouTube video of a Japanese Housewife (not what you think but the beauty and fashion was amazing) and she used it to blowdry her hair (by brushing it) so her hair was smooth and dry and then used the round brushes to give her hair volume. It was effortless and beautiful. She has very long and thick hair as well.

Drying it while brushing it smooth would be great or at least help. 

I do have CHI flat iron that does an amazing job so....I'm just wondering if I should get it or not.

"Coming to ya from Florida"