Esteemed Contributor

I don't see alot of people buying those.....

Esteemed Contributor

Here's what CNN had to say about it.

The Dyson Supersonic hairdryer is sleek, sophisticated and completely unique. It essentially looks like a hollow metal donut on the top of a long handle -- and it's downright impressive that it can blow a steady stream of air without a fan in sight.
Dyson engineers have undoubtedly created a product that looks different, sounds different and works different. Bonus: It's beautifully packaged.
"The way it is presented almost reminds me of an Apple product with its simple packaging," said Lauren Ross, a hair and makeup artist at the British business, Make-up for TV.
But this novelty item probably isn't worth the price tag, unless you're the kind of person who is obsessed with having the newest and latest gadgets.
Based on a trial run comparing the Dyson to a cheap, run-of-the-mill hairdryer, the Dyson's air flow was more powerful and left hair looking a bit sleeker, smoother and shinier.
In a separate trial on curly hair using the curl-boosting diffuser, the process and final results weren't noticeably different than a normal dryer. If there was any impact on frizz or flyaways, it was imperceptible.
It also wasn't noticeably faster at drying hair.
Dyson promises that its "hair dryer has intelligent heat control, helping to ensure hair isn't exposed to excessive temperatures." However, CNN tests showed the dryer's air was occasionally hot enough to hurt users' scalps. Though that's a problem with standard dryers as well.
Related: A light bulb that projects Netflix onto any surface
As for the noise: It was a bit quieter, but not by much. Listening to music while you're blowdrying with this device is probably out of the question.
Beyond just the dryer, the styling nozzles are quite novel. They snap into place with strong magnets, a welcome change from the hassle of screwing and snapping on diffusers, picks and concentrators.
When it's all said and done, the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer worked well, but it wasn't a miracle device that offered enough benefits to justify the price.
"I think it's definitely a luxury rather than a necessity," said Joanne Morgan, professional hair and makeup artist at Make-up for TV. "There's not many people in the [normal consumer] market that would consider, or have the finances, to spend that much money ... on just a hairdryer."

Respected Contributor

I won't buy any of this brand because everything is overpriced for plastic.

Trusted Contributor

Can't wait for the reviews!Smiley Wink

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Wonder if QVC will sell it? 

Honored Contributor

Buy multiples...save on shipping!

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson $400 blow dryer.

[ Edited ]

Think I'll take  it to the pumpkin patch and give one to my UPS guy!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I saw the owner on the Today show and when Savannah said something like "yikes" after she asked the price of the new Roomba ($900) he said the blow dryer was $299.  Was he confused?? 

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 FYI--I will be at your house with a Christmas gift for you this year, so run to your gift closet! Woman LOLWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

@nana59 FYI--I will be at your house with a Christmas gift for you this year, so run to your gift closet! Woman LOLWoman LOL

Looking forward to your visit!!