Trusted Contributor

Dupe Alert! Edward Bess and YBF

ebybf

These palettes are remarkably similar. The Edward Bess Matte Artiste Palette is 75.00 whearas the YBF is 32.50. I did get the YBF palette for around 17.00 on Ebay though. I think the only difference is the arrangement of the shadows

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dupe Alert! Edward Bess and YBF

Good eye there!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Good eye there!

LOL!  Great pun! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had this palette for probably about three years. She introduced it before that at some point and then re-introduced it recently. It's called the ybf Eight Eye-ssentials Timeless Shadow Collection.

I also bought mine on eBay from a seller who was selling them for about $11 because the packaging was slightly damaged.

These shadows are made in Italy, and I have to say, they are excellent quality. It's a very nice selection of matte shadows that are highly pigmented and very creamy in texture.

I would definitely recommend the ybf palette, at eBay prices.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wow amazing- they look identical! Super pretty looking palette too. Thanks for sharing! @suzyQ3 thanks for the review.

ETA: @JBKO what is the name of this palette?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

wow amazing- they look identical! Super pretty looking palette too. Thanks for sharing! @suzyQ3 thanks for the review.

@HappyDaze.

FYI: She gave the name of the Bess palette in her opening post. I also gave the name of the dupe in my post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze.

FYI: She gave the name of the Bess palette in her opening post. I also gave the name of the dupe in my post.

Hi Suzy yes I know she gave the name of the Bess one, I was wondering the name of the YBF dupe. I did see you posted the YBF one but wasn't sure that was what it was still called for the re-release. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze.

Hi Suzy yes I know she gave the name of the Bess one, I was wondering the name of the YBF dupe. I did see you posted the YBF one but wasn't sure that was what it was still called for the re-release. Thanks!

Seems they apparently kept the name.

Honored Contributor

that assortment of color is pretty perfect! (pun intended)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kinda funny....I just bought the YBF pallete.  When I added it to my eBay cart and there was a little note in red that said "added to three carts in the last day".