Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 NC Bandwagon said:
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

This is slightly off topic, but why are there different formulations of WEN? Wouldn't that be considered a knock off brand and Chaz would have something to say about that? Not verbally bashing Chaz, just figured he'd be less than pleased to know that there's a product out there that has his label, his product name, but isn't his true product.

You seriously think that he doesn't know? SMH.

I know that he knows. I'm just wondering why it hasn't been stopped. What I mean is, if someone was making a knock off brand of Chaz' products and was using the exact same name (putting WEN on the label) and calling it cleansing conditioner, I thought maybe he'd want that stopped right away.

Please no rude comments. I asked a question and I don't know how to convey a polite tone over the internet so that people won't get offended or think I'm being mean.

Why do you assume it is a "knock off"? Why would it need to be stopped? It is a WEN product. I am pretty sure we've had this discussion before. Also, if you read the thread, post #46 (the post right below yours) answers all your "questions".

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

This is slightly off topic, but why are there different formulations of WEN? Wouldn't that be considered a knock off brand and Chaz would have something to say about that? Not verbally bashing Chaz, just figured he'd be less than pleased to know that there's a product out there that has his label, his product name, but isn't his true product.

I know that he knows. I'm just wondering why it hasn't been stopped. What I mean is, if someone was making a knock off brand of Chaz' products and was using the exact same name (putting WEN on the label) and calling it cleansing conditioner, I thought maybe he'd want that stopped right away.

Please no rude comments. I asked a question and I don't know how to convey a polite tone over the internet so that people won't get offended or think I'm being mean.

I'm lost. If he knows, as you say, then why would you post "just figured he'd be less than pleased to know that there's a product out there that has his label, his product name, but isn't his true product."

Obviously, he is fine with it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor
Been using Wen happily for almost 9 years....my hair looks great SherryBW with JUST 31 posts, who has not responded back .... Just sayin!!!!
Respected Contributor

WEN has given me great length, strength, and hair I never thought possible.

Eliminate a great product line? No, no, and no!

Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Why do you assume it is a "knock off"? Why would it need to be stopped? It is a WEN product. I am pretty sure we've had this discussion before. Also, if you read the thread, post #46 answers all your "questions".

@HappyDaze, what I mean is, people say they sometimes buy WEN from Guthy Renker or the like and that WEN knock off items can be found on places like EBay. I checked Amazon and saw that it was selling WEN and thought that was the same thing. The label and the name were exactly the same.

But someone said that unfortunately, even Amazon can sell things that aren't the same. I figured if even one of the ingredients was changed, that would change the whole formulation of the product and, in a way, it wouldn't be WEN anymore.

Not trying to start anything, just asking and wondering how this kind of thing works.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Why do you assume it is a "knock off"? Why would it need to be stopped? It is a WEN product. I am pretty sure we've had this discussion before. Also, if you read the thread, post #46 answers all your "questions".

@HappyDaze, what I mean is, people say they sometimes buy WEN from Guthy Renker or the like and that WEN knock off items can be found on places like EBay. I checked Amazon and saw that it was selling WEN and thought that was the same thing. The label and the name were exactly the same.

But someone said that unfortunately, even Amazon can sell things that aren't the same. I figured if even one of the ingredients was changed, that would change the whole formulation of the product and, in a way, it wouldn't be WEN anymore.

Not trying to start anything, just asking and wondering how this kind of thing works.

no, what people have said is that there are people selling fakes on Ebay and Amazon using fake labels and such. No one said the GR and Sephora versions are fakes or knock offs.

Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

no, what people have said is that there are people selling fakes on Ebay and Amazon using fake labels and such. No one said the GR and Sephora versions are fakes or knock offs.

I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing that up.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Frequent Contributor

i gave it up a few months ago when my hairdressor begged me to stop. I have thinning, fine hair and my hair looks so much better without using WEN. It also seems to me that I am losing less, but there are so many factors in this that I cannot say it is WEN alone. My thoughts are if you are losing hair, or have fine thinning hair perhaps another brand would be best. i was so resistant to change but it really has made a difference. For those who get results, I say keep using it. Each person's hair is different. I really do encourage those with thin hair to try a different brand for a bit to see if it makes a difference.

Valued Contributor

Ummm, NO, I won't stop using WEN because of this bogus lawsuit.

I would stop using WEN if I got less than wonderful results or had a noticeable problem. It makes NO sense at all to stop using a product because of one person's supposed issue. It doesn't have any effect on me.

I don't understand why this is getting so much attention. People file frivolous lawsuits every day, the courts are clogged with them.

Honored Contributor

I will watch for details of the suit as it goes forward, but right now, I'm still Wenning.

I do believe some users could be allergic, but so far I haven't seen that. I have found flavors I dislike either for scent or for dryness, but I haven't lost hair and that's good at my age (70's).