Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/7/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 4/7/2015 sz0125 said: Yes I have stopped. Bad product period. My hair was beautiful but started to see a lot of hair in shower when I started Wen and I thought it was my imagination but realize now it was the horrible product that should be off the market. This is my opinion and I really do not care what others think as this is my experience. I also hated being in the shower forever with Wen and it costs a lot for such a bad product.

I don't understand this. I understand that the product didn't work for you and caused you problems. You made the right move to stop using the product. Why though should it be off the market? Why shouldn't it be available to the women that it's worked well for?

It isn't supposed to make sense. It is meant to be sensationalist....

I suppose, but I just don't understand that mindset.

Respected Contributor
I will stop using WEN when I can't get it on the black market anymore with wheelbarrows full of cash!

Three years of improved and great hair can't be wiped out by some ppl saying they had an adverse reaction, let alone one they can't prove as of yet. This is all a bunch of catastrophizing. I don't even know that the formula of WEN being talked about is the one being sold at the Q. There are at least 3 formulations; 1) salon and QVC-US 2) Guthy Renker for Sephora and 3) Guthy Renker informercial and Worldwide.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

I just returned to Wen - I thought it was getting too expensive to continue using.

This ended up being a mistake. I found it necessary to wash my long hair more often AND my hair started to look either dry or oily. After several negative comments I returned to the Wen and things have returned to normal.

I used PANTENE briefly. When my haircutter inquired as to what product I was now using on my hair - and I replied Pantene - the look of horror was hilarious. She advised dumping the Pantene and using the Salon products. I totally agreed that my hair felt different - and I had a tremendous amount of visible breakage but I thought it was from the iron. I was actually considering cutting my hair short.

Things have returned to normal - no hair in drain - no hair breakage when brushing my hair, no dry hair, ect. The spot in the back, on top of my hair is growing out now blends in with the longer hair underneath.

Pantene might work for some but not everyone. I am just wondering why there are no lawsuits against them.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Kjelle said: I will stop using WEN when I can't get it on the black market anymore with wheelbarrows full of cash!

Three years of improved and great hair can't be wiped out by some ppl saying they had an adverse reaction, let alone one they can't prove as of yet. This is all a bunch of catastrophizing. I don't even know that the formula of WEN being talked about is the one being sold at the Q. There are at least 3 formulations; 1) salon and QVC-US 2) Guthy Renker for Sephora and 3) Guthy Renker informercial and Worldwide.

based on what you wrote - there are different formulations of Wen based on where the product is purchased ? I was considering purchasing Wen from Guthy Renker on TV.

Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/7/2015 sz0125 said: Yes I have stopped. Bad product period. My hair was beautiful but started to see a lot of hair in shower when I started Wen and I thought it was my imagination but realize now it was the horrible product that should be off the market. This is my opinion and I really do not care what others think as this is my experience. I also hated being in the shower forever with Wen and it costs a lot for such a bad product.

I don't understand this. I understand that the product didn't work for you and caused you problems. You made the right move to stop using the product. Why though should it be off the market? Why shouldn't it be available to the women that it's worked well for?

It isn't supposed to make sense. It is meant to be sensationalist....

I suppose, but I just don't understand that mindset.

I don't understand it either, but I see it all over these boards for a lot of products. It's a very selfish way of thinking. I've had a bad reaction to some things, but wouldn't dream of taking these products away from others!

Contributor

No, that would be ridiculous. I see the lawsuit as nothing more than someone looking for money. I am not currently using Wen but I used it for several years with no issues. The lawsuit is ridiculous. Anyone can have hair loss from hair products if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients. There is nothing specifically in Wen that causes hair loss. I had some hair loss from one of the Matrix lines due to an allergic reaction. I quit using it and had no more issues. I would have never considered an lawsuit or thought it should be taken off the market because of MY allergic reaction.

Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Pie1993 said:
On 4/8/2015 Kjelle said: I will stop using WEN when I can't get it on the black market anymore with wheelbarrows full of cash!

based on what you wrote - there are different formulations of Wen based on where the product is purchased ? I was considering purchasing Wen from Guthy Renker on TV.

Yes, the ingredient decks are different. The Q sells the original formula he made for his salon and still sells at the Salon. Guthy Renker manufactures WEN for worldwide distribution. The ingredients are different for customs and for meeting a profit point with all that extra expense. This is the WEN sold through the informercial and all the international QVCs & Shopping Channels - UK, Canada, Japan, Germany, NZ, etc. Guthy Renker also has a formula they sell to Sephora. We noticed the ingredients were different. Unless they have melded those last two and only have one GuthyRenker formula now, there are 3 WENs.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

This is slightly off topic, but why are there different formulations of WEN? Wouldn't that be considered a knock off brand and Chaz would have something to say about that? Not verbally bashing Chaz, just figured he'd be less than pleased to know that there's a product out there that has his label, his product name, but isn't his true product.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

This is slightly off topic, but why are there different formulations of WEN? Wouldn't that be considered a knock off brand and Chaz would have something to say about that? Not verbally bashing Chaz, just figured he'd be less than pleased to know that there's a product out there that has his label, his product name, but isn't his true product.

You seriously think that he doesn't know? SMH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/8/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

You seriously think that he doesn't know? SMH.

I know that he knows. I'm just wondering why it hasn't been stopped. What I mean is, if someone was making a knock off brand of Chaz' products and was using the exact same name (putting WEN on the label) and calling it cleansing conditioner, I thought maybe he'd want that stopped right away.

Please no rude comments. I asked a question and I don't know how to convey a polite tone over the internet so that people won't get offended or think I'm being mean.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder