Super Contributor
On 4/8/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

This is slightly off topic, but why are there different formulations of WEN? Wouldn't that be considered a knock off brand and Chaz would have something to say about that? Not verbally bashing Chaz, just figured he'd be less than pleased to know that there's a product out there that has his label, his product name, but isn't his true product.

Without looking at the actual ingredients, my guess would be that the European Union has placed a ban on one or some of the ingredients in the US formulation. Believe it or not, Europe is lightyears ahead in banning certain chemical compounds in personal care products! But again, I am just guessing that this is the reason for the difference in formulas.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/6/2015 SherryBW said: In light of the class action lawsuit being brought against WEN, how many of you will quit using/send back your WEN products -- or do you feel safe using it?

Never. I will never stop using the best product for my hair. Why should I?

I feel absolutely safe using Wen, mainly because I watch closely and monitor effects of any product I am using. As the-matter-of-fact, I am stocking up now.

Wen is the one product that continuously provides great benefits for me - stopped my prior hair loss, drastically improved strength, bounce and volume, overall health of my hair and scalp. Plus, it is a pure pleasure for me using this product.

As for the "victims" of Wen, well I feel sorry for them, and for whatever reason and cause they suffered what they claimed. Do not understand though, how they've gotten this far with their claimed damages, and did not cease using a product with first signs of an adverse effect of it on them.

Well, I am not saying this lawsuit is frivolous or not, let them prove it in the court of law, not on this forum. Whichever outcome may be, I am sure the lawyers will do just fine.

Super Contributor

This lawsuit is no different than, let's say, a certain type of medicine that some people have had adverse effects from. Not everybody who takes it has bad reactions, but some do. Not everyone who uses WEN has hair loss, but some do. The individuals involved have every right to sue in both of these cases.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/9/2015 Yankee2000 said:

This lawsuit is no different than, let's say, a certain type of medicine that some people have had adverse effects from. Not everybody who takes it has bad reactions, but some do. Not everyone who uses WEN has hair loss, but some do. The individuals involved have every right to sue in both of these cases.

That is the most bizarre analogy ever. Are you actually equating a pharmaceutical drug with a beauty product???

Whoa! Not even going to bother going into everything that is wrong with that picture...

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2015 untitled said:

That is the most bizarre analogy ever. Are you actually equating a pharmaceutical drug with a beauty product???

Whoa! Not even going to bother going into everything that is wrong with that picture...

Open you mind just a little...let me make it simple for you...someone takes a pill for whatever reason, they experience hair loss, as a woman, I would want to know that this could be a side effect. Then you have WEN causing hair loss, I would want to know this was a possibility before I chose to use it.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Open you mind just a little...let me make it simple for you...someone takes a pill for whatever reason, they experience hair loss, as a woman, I would want to know that this could be a side effect. Then you have WEN causing hair loss, I would want to know this was a possibility before I chose to use it.

my mind is quite open as yours is quite closed- taking a pharmaceutical drug is usually on Doctor's orders. And a beauty product is used by choice and it has not been proven that WEN causes hair loss.

Super Contributor

my mind is quite open as yours is quite closed- taking a pharmaceutical drug is usually on Doctor's orders. And a beauty product is used by choice and it has not been proven that WEN causes hair loss.

You are completely missing my point. What I am saying is not everyone who uses WEN experiences hair loss, but some do. Just because you did not have a reaction to whatever the product may be does not negate the fact that some people have. I am very open minded, that is why I do not make assumptions that people are making these claims up.

Super Contributor

Back in the 60's & 70's, Prell Shampoo was blamed for causing hair loss. This lawsuit is just a money grab, and will go nowhere.

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2015 Wadzlla said:

Back in the 60's & 70's, Prell Shampoo was blamed for causing hair loss. This lawsuit is just a money grab, and will go nowhere.

Money Grab really? Just because your hair didn't fall out/thinning, blisters on your scalp, itchy scalp, and didn't clog your drains, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's about these things that did happen from using WEN.....

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2015 RACALAMB2 said:
On 4/9/2015 Wadzlla said:

Money Grab really? Just because your hair didn't fall out/thinning, blisters on your scalp, itchy scalp, and didn't clog your drains, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's about these things that did happen from using WEN.....

Exactly!! I personally have not had any hair loss from WEN, but I know other people have.