Respected Contributor

Re: DuWop Amber Eyes -- great for blue eyes, too!!

I have teal blue eyes and I couldn't stand this product.  It was horrible on me.

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I have teal blue eyes and I couldn't stand this product.  It was horrible on me.

Care to expand on that @RainyDayGal? Why couldn't you stand it? The formula? The look of the colors? The wear? Or? TIA!

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for mentioning this sale and never knew about Amber eyes. Once again its really hard to find shadows specially for Amber eyes. It really does make my amber eyes 'pop'.  Got mine this week, as well as the brown eye palette, and thinking this will make a lot of my other shadows go bye-bye. 

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, I haven't thought about DuWop in a while. They used to be in Sephora didn't they? They started that whole craze with their lip venom.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

My amber eyes trio and grey eyes pallettes arrived yesterday and I really like both. The shadows are smooth and easy to apply. I use my own shadow brushes instaed of those that come in the kits. Very happy with my purchase. Going from the ambers to the grays give my eyes a very different look.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

i remember lisa going on and on about this and just didnt go out and buy it.  now id really like to try it, but all i wear is cream shadows.  maybe, i'll just have to go buy it and see how i like it since i have blue eyes.   it may end up being my favorite.

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i remember lisa going on and on about this and just didnt go out and buy it.  now id really like to try it, but all i wear is cream shadows.  maybe, i'll just have to go buy it and see how i like it since i have blue eyes.   it may end up being my favorite.

I've been lightly applying the light shade over the lid (if I apply too much, it does get slightly too orange/rusty for my skin tone), then take a small, stiff brush and apply the darker color to my crease and outer "v". I take a fluffy eye blending brush, and buff the heck out of them to really blend, diffuse and soften the look. I then apply the liner and let it set for ~30 seconds, then take a clean liner brush and gentle smudge. It takes about 1 1/2-2 minutes, and looks really nice!