Honored Contributor

She would get negative commentary no matter what she did. If she did not get any procedures or injections and looked more her age, people would use that as a reason to dismiss the products she sells. So she should just do what she wants and not worry about us.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Joan Rivers did the same.  Sold a beauty product and it was common knowledge she had multiple surgeries.

Valued Contributor

It seems like Dr. Denese used to be on QVC selling her products all the time, but in the past months or so she hasn't been there as much. I wonder if they are not selling as much? 

Honored Contributor

I can not think of anyone who sells skin care who has not had work done.  No one is going to sell skincare if they have skin issues....  It is part of the facade ....part of the business. Some of them go too far...like Dr. Brandt to name  only one....

Valued Contributor

I can't go without her products, tried it once and was very sorry! Love them all no more sagging and aging look of my skin

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can not think of anyone who sells skin care who has not had work done.  No one is going to sell skincare if they have skin issues....  It is part of the facade ....part of the business. Some of them go too far...like Dr. Brandt to name  only one....

Speaking of going too far. How crude and repulsive, but not surprising...you know that Dr Brandt passed away - so much for rest in peace!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

She has admitted she has had procedures but you still need great products to keep that look after the procedure.  She has never claimed that her products do what  a procedure does.   Thinking it insults your intelligence is a personal self esteem issue for those that think that way!!  I have found some excellent products that actually have firmed and tightened my skin but am intelligent enough to know a procedure would give me a better look but I do not want a procedure and don't mind aging but will always try different products that could work and many do. 

Intelligence and self esteem is not equally deployed amongst us!

Being INFORMED is not so difficult - seeking information from reliable sources is not difficult and doesn't require a high IQ.  There are resourceful and knowledgeable posters here and we have ongoing dialogs to help each other. Unfortunately,  some no longer participate due trolling, bashing, thread derails, hostile behaviors.  

There are a  number of reasons and motives for the ignorant comments

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

It makes me ask the question - how often do we see , Dr. Lancer  or Dr. Perricone promoting their products....might be a reason for that.  Peter Thomas Roth covers his face with a beard.  I suppose it's smart to try and look your best when promoting skin care - otherwise, it was would like an obese  person guest touting a line of diet food.

Valued Contributor

I tried a number of her products years ago.  Unfortunately, they did not work for me.  

Respected Contributor

I had been using many of her products for years but now I've moved on to other brands.

I didn't care for her eye cream.  No matter where I placed it under my eyes it seemed to migrate and made my eyes burn and water terribly.    I never had that problem with any other brand of eye cream.

The one line I could not use at all was Dr. Perricone.   His skin care products were far too strong for my type of skin.